Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....

Go down 
+12
traddict
elmo
dexter02
The_Siege
jadomingo
shaaa
beybeh
Z-1988
chin-go
Mai-Siomai
4everblue
RaG@zZo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Z-1988

Z-1988

TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 pm

cabioTAR wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Each country has a lot of beautiful places and unique cultures. That's why I love TARA because I get to see those places and "experience" the culture....in the comfort of my home. Plus, I get a bonus of getting thrilled and root for my fave team!

yes, that is so true. But about "experiencing" the culture. Well, in this area, TAR does WAAAY better than TARA as many tasks in TARA (up to season 3) were "dominated" for sponsors' benefit(s), thus, not really wrapping up this culture thingy, hahaha

agree zee "culture experience" more interesting..

So far, the most cultural thing being featued at TARA are the freaky foods

Well, there were several tasks actually. In season 1, they had to do Piring Dance in Indonesia, lol

I like the Bakso Cart ...

Shall we recall the song here ....

yea, it was quite a fun task I think.

Well, I remember the title of the song which is "Abang Bakso" but I don't remember the lyrics. I think that song is popular in Jakarta (and nearby) only since I am not familiar with that song Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Yeah....so far, the only "cultural experience" that TARA includes in the tasks are the eating challenges! hehe

Nothing still beats the balut eggs! I want to try the stinky tofu though!

how about the bugs-fries in Bangkok?? hahaha
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:11 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Btw, Chico is a BIG TARA fan!

Really? that's great, at least they are already familiar with tara. that would be of great help if they decide to join the race.
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:13 am

The_Siege wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Each country has a lot of beautiful places and unique cultures. That's why I love TARA because I get to see those places and "experience" the culture....in the comfort of my home. Plus, I get a bonus of getting thrilled and root for my fave team!

yes, that is so true. But about "experiencing" the culture. Well, in this area, TAR does WAAAY better than TARA as many tasks in TARA (up to season 3) were "dominated" for sponsors' benefit(s), thus, not really wrapping up this culture thingy, hahaha

and how the racers freak about it... Razz
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:22 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

yeah, i remember most of the challenges during season two involved finding a needle in a haystack, that kind of game and less on challenges depicting the culture of the country.
Back to top Go down
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:30 pm

i agree.. so far i think TARA season 1 is still the best in cultural exploration.. but it was still not as valuable as TAR bounce
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm

chin-go wrote:
i agree.. so far i think TARA season 1 is still the best in cultural exploration.. but it was still not as valuable as TAR bounce

That explains why TAR has been winning the Emmys! lol! They have shown well-planned tasks that's both interesting and challenging.
Back to top Go down
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
chin-go wrote:

That explains why TAR has been winning the Emmys! lol! They have shown well-planned tasks that's both interesting and challenging.

and also the contestants, the host, the greeter, the prize, the leg planning and everything! and what i applaud the most is that the drama created / stirred are just so appropriate or even exciting.. Not over or under - dramatic (i created a new word here tongue ).. Bertram Van Munster rocks...
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:51 pm

dexter02 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

yeah, i remember most of the challenges during season two involved finding a needle in a haystack, that kind of game and less on challenges depicting the culture of the country.

and when they keep repeating it, it is getting more boring
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 pm

chin-go wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
chin-go wrote:

and also the contestants, the host, the greeter, the prize, the leg planning and everything! and what i applaud the most is that the drama created / stirred are just so appropriate or even exciting.. Not over or under - dramatic (i created a new word here tongue ).. Bertram Van Munster rocks...

I agree, TARA season 1 is still the best season of TARA so far Smile

Well, true that TAR is still much better than TARA, but there are also several TAR seasons which are also, well, kinda disappointing
Back to top Go down
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Z-1988 wrote:

I agree, TARA season 1 is still the best season of TARA so far Smile

Well, true that TAR is still much better than TARA, but there are also several TAR seasons which are also, well, kinda disappointing

yep.. because it is hard to maintain the well-planned concept to still be well while they have to create something new to attract the viewers without boring them.. And a concept like this game,, is VERY VERY hard to realize.. they have to think about all the possibilities....
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Bertram is the man! Cool

I agree with you Z and Chin-go.....keeping TAR very very interesting by having fresh tasks and/or visiting new places is indeed difficult to do, but for them to have 14 seasons and win several back-to-back Emmys (they only lost this year, right?) is an affirmation that they have maintained the quality of the show. Something which TARA, I hope would also accomplish. silent
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:22 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Bertram is the man! Cool

I agree with you Z and Chin-go.....keeping TAR very very interesting by having fresh tasks and/or visiting new places is indeed difficult to do, but for them to have 14 seasons and win several back-to-back Emmys (they only lost this year, right?) is an affirmation that they have maintained the quality of the show. Something which TARA, I hope would also accomplish. silent

yup, TAR is quite an accomplishment as it is able to maintain the number of viewers. That is kinda hard to do, especially for a show which has run for 17 seasons, hahaha
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Bertram is the man! Cool

yup, TAR is quite an accomplishment as it is able to maintain the number of viewers. That is kinda hard to do, especially for a show which has run for 17 seasons, hahaha

but then again, TAR viewership has dwindled... people, i think, are getting tired of it... so it's really great to see new challenges and tasks... Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Bertram is the man! Cool

but then again, TAR viewership has dwindled... people, i think, are getting tired of it... so it's really great to see new challenges and tasks... Smile

yeah, they must find new out of the box things to keep the viewers around. But being able to do that for 16 seasons, it has been a good job!! The challenge is gonnabe harder and harder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Bertram is the man! Cool

yeah, they must find new out of the box things to keep the viewers around. But being able to do that for 16 seasons, it has been a good job!! The challenge is gonnabe harder and harder Very Happy

I got confused Z.....how many seasons does TAR have? 14? 16? 17? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
chin-go wrote:

In fairness to TARA, it has been nominated also in the INTERNATIONAL Emmy Awards. I just don't know if it won.
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

but let's face the fact guys that TAR production budget is way way different from TARA which depends on sponsors which they have to incorporate on the tasks to advertise it... it all boils down to the budget.... but of course if the production team really planned the task I'm sure they can still think of something interesting that is within the budget...
Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
but let's face the fact guys that TAR production budget is way way different from TARA which depends on sponsors which they have to incorporate on the tasks to advertise it... it all boils down to the budget.... but of course if the production team really planned the task I'm sure they can still think of something interesting that is within the budget...

1) Car washing at Caltex Station in S'pore .... Just to touch down in S'pore to do this

2) Count money in Standar & Charterd .... again just to touch down in Hong Kong for this ....

Back to top Go down
https://http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cabiotar.blogspot.com
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm

I understand that TARA need sponsors, so they include those sponsors in the task so that they could promote them as well.

What annoys me is when the "sponsored task" is just plain dumb. Like when they went to ___ (was that Singapore?) just to wash a dirty car in a Caltex station....and then left again for another country. What the....?!

Mad
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm

cabioTAR wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

1) Car washing at Caltex Station in S'pore .... Just to touch down in S'pore to do this

2) Count money in Standar & Charterd .... again just to touch down in Hong Kong for this ....

hahaha! same answer Cab..... that's right!
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 pm

guys it's BUS washing... hahaha Very Happy

but I agree with you cab... the task organizer should really surprise us this season!
Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

but I agree with you cab... the task organizer should really surprise us this season!

No ...

bus washing in Bangkok before long bus riding to Chaing Mai....

it's Car washing ... Ford Car ...
Back to top Go down
https://http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cabiotar.blogspot.com
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:42 pm

cabioTAR wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

No ...

CMIIW....car washing was in TARA 2 (Marc and Rovi), then bus washing was in TARA 3 (Geoff and Tisha).....
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
cabioTAR wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

No ...

CMIIW....car washing was in TARA 2 (Marc and Rovi), then bus washing was in TARA 3 (Geoff and Tisha).....

i hope there's no more washing of any vehicle this season. it's such a waste of time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next