Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...

Go down 
+2
The_Siege
RaG@zZo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... Empty
PostSubject: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 am

I was just wondering what happened to the guy who helped Jess & Lani find the Batu Cave location.... I think he waited for them to finish the task and was expecting them to drop him where they picked him up, but the poor guy was left there...(of course maybe he have no idea about TARA...)

Last edited by RaG@zZo on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah. The poor bloke had no clue at all. In all fairness to Jess and Lani, they offered money to the guy but the man refused.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:18 pm

The_Siege wrote:
Yeah. The poor bloke had no clue at all. In all fairness to Jess and Lani, they offered money to the guy but the man refused.

really? He refused?? Hmmmm... .
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

Yes...

Jess: But we can't go back there
Jess or Lani: We will just give you change.
Man: Waved off the offer
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:05 pm

The_Siege wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

Yes...

hmmm, at least Jess & Lani had already given the offer, so they were not that 'bad', haha... Smile
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

Yes...

hmmm, at least Jess & Lani had already given the offer, so they were not that 'bad', haha... Smile

oh I didn't hear clearly this part, thanks for the transcript Z! haha Very Happy
and yes, at least they offered something...
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:34 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

Yes...

oh I didn't hear clearly this part, thanks for the transcript Z! haha Very Happy
and yes, at least they offered something...

It's Siege who wrote the transcript, hehe. Because I also didn't really hear clearly this part, all I knew was that the guy waved away
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:02 pm

oh! thanks to ceej then! lolz
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm just wondering how far away is the place where they picked up the guy from the Batu cave. If it was really far and public transportation is scarce, then poor guy! But if it was just near (which I doubt), then the guy would have no problem at all!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
I'm just wondering how far away is the place where they picked up the guy from the Batu cave. If it was really far and public transportation is scarce, then poor guy! But if it was just near (which I doubt), then the guy would have no problem at all!

but he seemed to get pissed after that, maybe it was far
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Exactly my thoughts also.

Is this the first time that we saw a helpful bystander get pissed after helping a team get to their destination? hehe
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Exactly my thoughts also.

Is this the first time that we saw a helpful bystander get pissed after helping a team get to their destination? hehe

poor him, hahaha

but I think there were also one or two other bystanders who helped a team and got "disappointed" after that (not necessarily "pissed" though)
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Seriously - even if they offered money to the guy and he refused to take it, it again shows the person's character that he was out to do a good deed and only wanted to return back to his work.

BTW, he looked like an immigrant worker - not a "Malay" Malaysian.

What was disgusting was how Jess and Lani laughed about it. It is completely atrocious behavior. I hope they get eliminated in Episode 2.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Seriously - even if they offered money to the guy and he refused to take it, it again shows the person's character that he was out to do a good deed and only wanted to return back to his work.

What was disgusting was how Jess and Lani laughed about it. It is completely atrocious behavior. I hope they get eliminated in Episode 2.

hahaha, Jess & Lani might NOT be laughing at the guy, it's editing work dude, maybe the editors just put it there to make us think that JL laughed at him Smile
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

hahaha, Jess & Lani might NOT be laughing at the guy, it's editing work dude, maybe the editors just put it there to make us think that JL laughed at him Smile

correct Zee, as fans from season 1 to 3, we very well know how editing can play a huge part on how we perceive the racers... Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

correct Zee, as fans from season 1 to 3, we very well know how editing can play a huge part on how we perceive the racers... Smile

exactly!! Smile We need to be critical, don't just take anything the editors give to us, lol!
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

exactly!! Smile We need to be critical, don't just take anything the editors give to us, lol!

Ermm... while I admire the work that many video editors can do etc, I highly doubt that AXN would (or could) recreate an interview scene where the ladies were laughing and talking about the gardener at the same time.

Nonetheless - Jess did drop me a message online and was apologetic how it appeared on air, which I thought was really cool and brave. Everyone makes mistakes, and I admire people who own up! I do hope this team does well in the race! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Ermm... while I admire the work that many video editors can do etc, I highly doubt that AXN would (or could) recreate an interview scene where the ladies were laughing and talking about the gardener at the same time.

Nonetheless - Jess did drop me a message online and was apologetic how it appeared on air, which I thought was really cool and brave. Everyone makes mistakes, and I admire people who own up! I do hope this team does well in the race! Very Happy

maybe the ladies were laughing about other thing, and the editor put the two scenes together to make us think so Smile Remember, one leg can take up two 1 or 2 days and we are only watching the whole leg for about 48 minutes, and we are watching TEN teams racing. If every team gets the same air-slot, then we are only watching about 4.8 minutes per team while there were actually scenes of them for 1 or 2 day! Smile
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I do understand where grumpy is coming from, i was actually concerned too about that guy that is why I created this topic...

but I will not judge the racers until i get to know the fact, because what we see in TV is already edited and I'm sure there are a lot of things that happened that we don't know... and remember that racers are human too, we can't really expect them to be "good" or act the way we expect them to be.... because if that's the case then it will be a boring show... I'm not saying that we should tolerate bad behavior, but we just have to accept the fact that we all have differences...

Enjoy the AXN premiere later guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 pm

From what I've seen, Jess and Lani weren't laughing because they left the guy, I guess they were laughing because the guy might have cursed at them using his native tongue.
They made a mistake but I think they have no intentions of insulting the guy they picked up to help them.

Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm

dexter02 wrote:
From what I've seen, Jess and Lani weren't laughing because they left the guy, I guess they were laughing because the guy might have cursed at them using his native tongue.
They made a mistake but I think they have no intentions of insulting the guy they picked up to help them.

I agree, I still think they were not that "mean" to laugh at a guy after dumping him while he actually helped them big time in the race...
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

I agree, I still think they were not that "mean" to laugh at a guy after dumping him while he actually helped them big time in the race...

yeah! they don't look like mean girls to me, for now at least. we'll just wait and see what happens during the next episode.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 am

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

yeah! they don't look like mean girls to me, for now at least. we'll just wait and see what happens during the next episode.

yea, but if they are that "mean", wow. Villain of the season!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 am

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

maybe... haha Very Happy

we'll just have to wait and see if they'll gonna do this again in every country.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

maybe... haha Very Happy

we'll just have to wait and see if they'll gonna do this again in every country.... lol!

lol! Picking guys up from the curb and asked for his help and then dumping him at the end of the task and laughed at him, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...   What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to the Malaysian guy who helped Jess & Lani?...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next