Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)

Go down 
+4
4everblue
The_Siege
Z-1988
RaG@zZo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) Empty
PostSubject: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 am

Can TARA/AXN organizer think of a different way to start the season... NEL again... they really are predictable, I won't be surprised if we will have consecutive NEL's again!....
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 pm

LOL, in their defense, season 3 started with an EL Very Happy but yeah, now 3 out of 4 seasons started with NEL
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:49 pm

I guess it's nice to save the last teams during the first leg. I could just imagine the time and investment on making it to TARA to only just run 1 leg. That would be infuriating
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:11 pm

The_Siege wrote:
I guess it's nice to save the last teams during the first leg. I could just imagine the time and investment on making it to TARA to only just run 1 leg. That would be infuriating

plus this is supposed to make an interesting leg 2, i hope the Indonesian gurls Yani & nadine step up to the challenge Wink
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 pm

I just wished that the penalty was a speedbump and not just a 30 min. penalty...
Back to top Go down
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 pm

i was sad watching Indonesian teams' performance... but i hope they can shake the leaderboard for the 2nd episode!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 am

RaG@zZo wrote:
I just wished that the penalty was a speedbump and not just a 30 min. penalty...

well, TARA tends to mix everything up. I won't be surprised to see a speedbump in the future, or a YIELD and a U-TURN in one season, hehe
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:18 am

sympathy for any team whos eliminated in leg1 coz...not really enjoy in TARA4...

episod 2 ok to eliminate
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Fauzi-Gonzalez/100000132091621
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:06 pm

I think a NEL on the 1st leg is okay. Let's give the racers a chance to "enjoy" the race first before they get eliminated. hehe.

An EL on the 2nd leg would be expected.

Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:07 pm

I think a NEL on the 1st leg is okay. Let's give the racers a chance to "enjoy" the race first before they get eliminated. hehe.

An EL on the 2nd leg would be expected.

Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Can TARA/AXN organizer think of a different way to start the season... NEL again... they really are predictable, I won't be surprised if we will have consecutive NEL's again!....

Well, there are only 2 options: EL or NEL. That's a 50-50 chance. Depends on which side of the coin you are, but predicting what will be this first leg's ending will not take a genius to deduce . Season 3 was an elimination leg. So, what made you say that for season 4 having a NEL for 1st leg, they have become really predictable?
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Unpredictable 1st Leg   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:19 pm

What if they have no elimination or non-elimination on the first leg?

Meaning, they will have a super long leg (just like in a previous season....what was it called? TBC?), that the teams thought they already reached the pit stop after doing all the mandatory tasks - detour, roadblock - only to be informed on the mat that they have to still continue with the race.

That way, the 1st episode will be like a 2-part special....

The suspense will be so high....

And all the racers will be tested based on their endurance and skill, and the truly weak ones will then get eliminated on the "technically" 1st leg but will be known on the 2nd episode.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That way, the 1st leg becomes unpredictable! cheers bom bom cheers
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

Well, there are only 2 options: EL or NEL. That's a 50-50 chance. Depends on which side of the coin you are, but predicting what will be this first leg's ending will not take a genius to deduce . Season 3 was an elimination leg. So, what made you say that for season 4 having a NEL for 1st leg, they have become really predictable?

I beg to disagree, the chance is not 50-50 since there are 13 legs and 4 NELS, so, the probability of a NEL in the first leg (assuming NEL can occur in any leg of the race with the same probability) is 4/13 Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:

Meaning, they will have a super long leg (just like in a previous season....what was it called? TBC?), that the teams thought they already reached the pit stop after doing all the mandatory tasks - detour, roadblock - only to be informed on the mat that they have to still continue with the race.

And all the racers will be tested based on their endurance and skill, and the truly weak ones will then get eliminated on the "technically" 1st leg but will be known on the 2nd episode.

hahaha, I always hate TBC Very Happy So, I prefer a NEL, than a TBC Smile
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 pm

so there is also a chance to see back to back NEL's this season where the same team will be saved twice! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:41 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
so there is also a chance to see back to back NEL's this season where the same team will be saved twice! Evil or Very Mad

Well, if there was a proper equalizer, a back to back NEL might not be that "bad". TAR 11 had a back to back NEL and it was still fun to watch Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

I beg to disagree, the chance is not 50-50 since there are 13 legs and 4 NELS, so, the probability of a NEL in the first leg (assuming NEL can occur in any leg of the race with the same probability) is 4/13 Smile

Z, I was just referring to the 1st leg. There are only 2 ways to end it.....have an elimination or a non-elimination. Making it a 50-50 chance. And in this case, they chose the non-elimination option. I guess that was Ragazzo's sentiment...having a NEL for the 1st leg.

Of course, if you are talking about the whole season, then you are right....the NEL would have a 4/13 chance of happening.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

I like watching a TBC.....but I pity the racers....they must be very very tired after the leg. Sad
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

Z, I was just referring to the 1st leg. There are only 2 ways to end it.....have an elimination or a non-elimination. Making it a 50-50 chance. And in this case, they chose the non-elimination option. I guess that was Ragazzo's sentiment...having a NEL for the 1st leg.

Of course, if you are talking about the whole season, then you are right....the NEL would have a 4/13 chance of happening.

I don't think it can be looked "separately" from the whole season, since what happen in leg 1 (NEL or not) would definitely affect the whole season Smile

Anyway, now that we have 3 out of 4 seasons with NEL in the first leg, then we might conclude that the chance of a NEL in leg 1 is bigger than 4/13, because now the probability of a NEL in each leg seems to differ in each leg.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

I like watching a TBC.....but I pity the racers....they must be very very tired after the leg. Sad

if there was an equalizer, it might not be that much of a problem. Like in TAR season 10, they had to go from Finland to Ukraine. There was an equalizer. In season 14, there was also an hour of operation equalizer, rite? (neutralizing the lead Cara & Jaime had)
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

I don't think it can be looked "separately" from the whole season, since what happen in leg 1 (NEL or not) would definitely affect the whole season Smile

Anyway, now that we have 3 out of 4 seasons with NEL in the first leg, then we might conclude that the chance of a NEL in leg 1 is bigger than 4/13, because now the probability of a NEL in each leg seems to differ in each leg.

Okay. If you want to look at it that way, fine with me.

All I'm saying is that the 1st leg will have just two options for an ending: elimination or non-elimination.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

Okay. If you want to look at it that way, fine with me.

All I'm saying is that the 1st leg will have just two options for an ending: elimination or non-elimination.

Cheers!

yes, but it doesn't mean the probability for each scenario is the same, hehehe... Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
LOL, in their defense, season 3 started with an EL Very Happy but yeah, now 3 out of 4 seasons started with NEL

really? i totally forgot about it. who was eliminated first in season 3? was it the team from hongkong? can't remember their names, was their a monica?
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 am

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

really? i totally forgot about it. who was eliminated first in season 3? was it the team from hongkong? can't remember their names, was their a monica?

No, it was the Indian team. I think it was Neena and Amit. (and Paula was the greeter at that time, lol! )
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

No, it was the Indian team. I think it was Neena and Amit. (and Paula was the greeter at that time, lol! )

i can't even remember who Neena and Amit are. hehe. it seems like ages ago. but i do remember Paula being on the pit stop as a greeter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)   Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise Surprise! it's a NEL! (Non-Elimination Leg)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next