Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???

Go down 
+5
TARIndiaFan
will
cabioTAR
dexter02
RaG@zZo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? Empty
PostSubject: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm

I mean their mistake was taking a private car so I think the penalty should have been going back where they got the private car and from there get the cab...

I don't see the point on making them go back to the boat where they got the clue...

just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:56 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
I mean their mistake was taking a private car so I think the penalty should have been going back where they got the private car and from there get the cab...

I don't see the point on making them go back to the boat where they got the clue...

just my 2 cents...

it's way better than a 4-hour penalty though. hehe
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:58 pm

dexter02 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

just my 2 cents...

shouldn't it be just a 30 minute penalty like in TAR?... it's not like they have given up on a detour or roadblock right?...
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

just my 2 cents...

shouldn't it be just a 30 minute penalty like in TAR?... it's not like they have given up on a detour or roadblock right?...

that i don't know. hehe
Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Seem they had been informed by Production team member that they had made the mistake...

Initially they so confident that they not made any mistakes ... as clue said " Make your way to Pura xxxxx "

not said " Make your way by taxi " ...

If they not return back ... like TAR - 30 minutes penalty...
Back to top Go down
https://http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cabiotar.blogspot.com
will

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Is the distance between the clueboat and the private car pickup spot far? I cant recall. I agree that they need not touch the boat though.

The situation is similar to TAR's Brooke and Claire who had to turn back since they took a taxi and not walk. They realized this on their own whereas Rich and Rich were told by the production team. Both teams probably did not want to get penalized at the pitstop and (possibly) watch other teams overtake them.
Back to top Go down
TARIndiaFan

TARIndiaFan

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:31 am

I think it's not fair for the production team to get involved by telling them that they made a mistake. Usually when a team make a mistake and if they didn't realize it, they get the time penalty (or chance to do it right) when they are checking in at the pitstop. I have never seen production team getting involved when the race is progressing ...
ps: I don't have anything against Team Rich; In fact they are one of my favs now 'coz they are very courteous and well-behaved ..

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 pm

TARIndiaFan wrote:
I think it's not fair for the production team to get involved by telling them that they made a mistake. Usually when a team make a mistake and if they didn't realize it, they get the time penalty (or chance to do it right) when they are checking in at the pitstop. I have never seen production team getting involved when the race is progressing ...
ps: I don't have anything against Team Rich; In fact they are one of my favs now 'coz they are very courteous and well-behaved ..

Cheers,

i think the reason for this though is, as cab said, the clue said 'make your way to..' not specific 'taxi' or whatever so technically the Riches are right however, i guess (just a hunch), to avoid technicalities of having to give a pitstop penalty to a team for instructions that are too general hence the involvement.. another thing also, of course, the racers are usually oriented with the race rules prior race start but if they did not explicitly state that riding private cars (when no mode of transportation or travelling was specified) is prohibited then there are loopholes in the rules.. Just my opinion though Wink

on another note, in TAR, usually 'make your way' (if no vehicle was specified) usually means by foot...

Lastly, back to ragazzo question, based on the circumstances, i think since they were almost out but not eliminated because of it, then it's just fair, for me, it only made the episode very interesting and thrilling Wink
Back to top Go down
TARIndiaFan

TARIndiaFan

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 pm

I think they are instructed not to take private cars. The reason being Natasha seeing Riches taking the private car, immediately commented that it's against race rules. If you remember in the first season when one team (i think it was the two Indian dudes) took a private car, two other teams actually warned them that it's not allowed in the race and ultimately, the Indian team got kicked out of the race 'coz they got a time penalty at the pit stop. So, I am sure the teams are explicitly told to take public transportation during the race.
Also, it doesn't justify the fact that the production crew got involved during the race which arguably changed the course of the race. They are there to film the race and not to give advice.
cheers,
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:54 pm

I think every team knows that taking private cars is a not allowed, I remember Natasha saying that she saw the riches taking a private car and not sure if it's even allowed, but as fans we all know that using private cars for whatever reason in the race is a definite no no...

Also I agree with TARindian, staff should not interfere with the racers let the rule of the game govern... just my 2 cents... Razz

Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 pm

TARIndiaFan wrote:
I think they are instructed not to take private cars. The reason being Natasha seeing Riches taking the private car, immediately commented that it's against race rules. If you remember in the first season when one team (i think it was the two Indian dudes) took a private car, two other teams actually warned them that it's not allowed in the race and ultimately, the Indian team got kicked out of the race 'coz they got a time penalty at the pit stop. So, I am sure the teams are explicitly told to take public transportation during the race.
Also, it doesn't justify the fact that the production crew got involved during the race which arguably changed the course of the race. They are there to film the race and not to give advice.
cheers,

Totally agreed .... They have been informed before the race ....

"Make your way " .... should be any public transports - bus, taxi, tut-tut etc not private car ...
Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 pm

If Natasha is the one that told them .... it's should be OK ... not the Production Team ....
Back to top Go down
TARIndiaFan

TARIndiaFan

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Natasha commented it to the cameraman when they were inside a taxi, she didn't tell Riches.
Riches were told by the production people that they cannot take a private car at the destination ....
Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

TARIndiaFan wrote:
Natasha commented it to the cameraman when they were inside a taxi, she didn't tell Riches.
Riches were told by the production people that they cannot take a private car at the destination ....

Yes, you are right ... Just watched again in YouTube ....

Rich said "There is no free rides in The Amazing Race. We found that today ..."
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:26 pm

everyone's entitled to their own opinion but this is TARA, remember the forced-4hr. penalty? though not exactly the same.. this is TARA... they do make their rules,,, and indeed if it is not fair to be doing that, why did the production do so? why did they allow it? errr i think, since not any one of us is there at the race site with the Riches, and we don't know the exact circumstances behind it, it is possible production blurted it out? intentionally? or not? for good reason? bec. teh Riches will have a harder time goin there and back than a half-hr. penalty??? we don't know really
Back to top Go down
mr. cullen

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:04 pm

AGAIN...bullshit penalty enforcement by TARA. what the fuck !!! the crew stopped them in the middle of the race and let them go back to correct their mistake instead of giving them the penalty at the end of the race ??? they didn't do that with Sahil/Prashant season 1 !!!
Back to top Go down
TARIndiaFan

TARIndiaFan

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:28 am

Quote :

everyone's entitled to their own opinion but this is TARA, remember the forced-4hr. penalty? though not exactly the same.. this is TARA... they do make their rules,,, and indeed if it is not fair to be doing that, why did the production do so? why did they allow it? errr i think, since not any one of us is there at the race site with the Riches, and we don't know the exact circumstances behind it, it is possible production blurted it out? intentionally? or not? for good reason? bec. teh Riches will have a harder time goin there and back than a half-hr. penalty??? we don't know really

Whatever the reason is I don't think production crew should have interfered unless it's a life threatening situation (like the person is about to drown or something) and we all can agree that nobody's life was in danger in this situation. Anyways, for a moment I forgot that I am watching TARA and there are no consistent rules. It's as if they are making up rules along the way...

Quote :

AGAIN...bullshit penalty enforcement by TARA. what the fuck !!! the crew stopped them in the middle of the race and let them go back to correct their mistake instead of giving them the penalty at the end of the race ??? they didn't do that with Sahil/Prashant season 1 !!!

Thank you, my sentiments exactly! (and I've been trying to recall the names of those two idiots for almost a day now)

cheers,
Back to top Go down
subfriend

subfriend

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm

agree! not fair
Back to top Go down
robertc

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm

going back to the boat cost more than 1 hour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???   Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it FAIR to make the Riches go back to the boat???
Page 1 of 1