Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Riches, frenemies?

Go down 
+7
VI
blue_oceans22
Mai-Siomai
Z-1988
inan_kewl
The_Siege
4everblue
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4everblue

4everblue

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Unlike most Racers, Rich Herrera and Rich Hardin knew each other not as friends or buddies but just the opposite.

Do you think this relationship (frenemies) will help the dynamics of their team as TARA Racers?

Why or why not?

And would you, (if given a chance) in the future, imagine yourself teaming up/joining a race with someone you absolutely hate before?
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Only if we already learned to adjust to each others temper. Otherwise, it's going to be one hell of a fight on TV What a Face
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:36 pm

@ Ragazzo!!!! remember FRENEMIES????!!!! haaaaaayyy....
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:17 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
@ Ragazzo!!!! remember FRENEMIES????!!!! haaaaaayyy....

I missed a step... confused
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 pm

4everblue wrote:
Unlike most Racers, Rich Herrera and Rich Hardin knew each other not as friends or buddies but just the opposite.

Do you think this relationship (frenemies) will help the dynamics of their team as TARA Racers?

Why or why not?

And would you, (if given a chance) in the future, imagine yourself teaming up/joining a race with someone you absolutely hate before?

frenemies, hmmmm, that sounds really "weird"...
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:37 pm

4everblue wrote:

Why or why not?

Not even USD 100,000 would make me race with a person I absolutely abhor! It's better to race with someone whose personality I like, whom I think will match my level of competitiveness, and someone who understands me even before I say a single word. That way, we'll have better cooperation and unity as a team.....and winning every leg would be so easy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:49 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:

Not even USD 100,000 would make me race with a person I absolutely abhor! It's better to race with someone whose personality I like, whom I think will match my level of competitiveness, and someone who understands me even before I say a single word. That way, we'll have better cooperation and unity as a team.....and winning every leg would be so easy! Very Happy

Exactly, this is also whay I called the "frenemies" is "weird" Smile Why would I spend a one-in-a-lifetime experience with someone I hate???
Back to top Go down
blue_oceans22

blue_oceans22

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 am

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Exactly, this is also whay I called the "frenemies" is "weird" Smile Why would I spend a one-in-a-lifetime experience with someone I hate???

agree this could be "in hell experience" for me if i join the race with some one that i hate
Back to top Go down
VI

VI

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Rich Ha. and Rich He.   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Riches, frenemies? Img_1283136066
Richard Hardin, 34, Pro Basketballer | Richard Herrera, 31, Actor
Friends, The Philippines

One will be hard pressed to find two guys with a stronger competitive streak. Armed with the same first name, Richard Herrera and Richard Hardin like to call themselves ‘The Riches’.

They hated each other’s guts when they first made each other’s acquaintance, while playing for opposing teams in an American Football League. It wasn’t till two years ago that they finally hit it off and ever since then, they have never ceased trying to outdo each other from ball games to dance offs. With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Their friends compare them to a pro-wrestling tag team and Herrera sees joining The Amazing Race Asia as a way to prove themselves. “I’m a born winner and my partner Rich (Hardin) is a born second-placer. Thought it would be nice to take his sorry ass to the top at least once and give him that first taste of victory he’s been longing for.” There they go again, and spoken like a true WWE member.
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 pm

i guess they already went beyond being enemies and started to understand their shortcomings. i believe that's what friendship is all about, accepting one's faults and weaknesses. Smile
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

kinda reminds me of Sophie-Aurelia team up before, well they did not 100% like each other before and by race conclusion or upon their elimination, i think it really got worse... but with Rich, i think they have lots of common friends too and turned out liked and respected each other after they competed in a football-rivalry i think so maybe it'd turned out good or no? we'll see hehe Wink)
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

4everblue wrote:

kinda reminds me of Sophie-Aurelia team up before, well they did not 100% like each other before and by race conclusion or upon their elimination, i think it really got worse... but with Rich, i think they have lots of common friends too and turned out liked and respected each other after they competed in a football-rivalry i think so maybe it'd turned out good or no? we'll see hehe Wink)

In the case of Sophie-Aurelia, I do not think that they really know each other. They are roomies, yes, but I guess not to the extent that they are "friends". Rumors has it that Aurelia is just a replacement to Sophie's original team mate who had some problems with something (lol. I forgot which problem that was)

Last edited by The_Siege on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:24 pm

The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

In the case of Sophie-Aurelia, I do not think that they really know each other. They are roomies, yes, but I guess not to the extent that they are "friends". Rumors has it that Aurelia is just a replacement to Sophie's original team mate who have some problems with something (lol. I forgot which problem that was)

from what I heard it's Job related which made her original teammate to back out... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 pm

The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

In the case of Sophie-Aurelia, I do not think that they really know each other. They are roomies, yes, but I guess not to the extent that they are "friends". Rumors has it that Aurelia is just a replacement to Sophie's original team mate who had some problems with something (lol. I forgot which problem that was)

really? Hmmm, that's another interesting rumors. Aurelia is just a replacement? Wow, hmmm....

Anyway, I agree with this, maybe they are not "friends", they just sort of know each other, hmmm
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 pm

VI wrote:

One will be hard pressed to find two guys with a stronger competitive streak. Armed with the same first name, Richard Herrera and Richard Hardin like to call themselves ‘The Riches’.

They hated each other’s guts when they first made each other’s acquaintance, while playing for opposing teams in an American Football League. It wasn’t till two years ago that they finally hit it off and ever since then, they have never ceased trying to outdo each other from ball games to dance offs. With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Their friends compare them to a pro-wrestling tag team and Herrera sees joining The Amazing Race Asia as a way to prove themselves. “I’m a born winner and my partner Rich (Hardin) is a born second-placer. Thought it would be nice to take his sorry ass to the top at least once and give him that first taste of victory he’s been longing for.” There they go again, and spoken like a true WWE member.

haha, this case, I think they have gone beyond "enemies", I mean, it has been two years, so, well, maybe they have known each other, we will see Smile
Back to top Go down
blue_oceans22

blue_oceans22

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

really? Hmmm, that's another interesting rumors. Aurelia is just a replacement? Wow, hmmm....

Anyway, I agree with this, maybe they are not "friends", they just sort of know each other, hmmm

agree, they seems like not too close as friend in a roomate
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:11 pm

blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

but it was kinda funny watching them during the haunted house task in New Zealand (the leg where BnK got eliminated), hahahaha
Back to top Go down
blue_oceans22

blue_oceans22

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

but it was kinda funny watching them during the haunted house task in New Zealand (the leg where BnK got eliminated), hahahaha

lol!
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:13 pm

blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

the back story is that Sophie has a partner who backed out last minute, so she tapped her roomie, Aurelia to be her partner...

Aurelia admitted that she haven't really prepared for the race, she had a crash course on driving the week before it actually started... Razz
Back to top Go down
blue_oceans22

blue_oceans22

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:31 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

the back story is that Sophie has a partner who backed out last minute, so she tapped her roomie, Aurelia to be her partner...

Aurelia admitted that she haven't really prepared for the race, she had a crash course on driving the week before it actually started... Razz
thanks for the information, i don't know this story before..
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
4everblue wrote:

Some people could have all the luck....and they just throw it away..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:

Some people could have all the luck....and they just throw it away..... Crying or Very sad

Coz some people don't know te value of what they are throwing away
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:52 am

The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

But it was TARA, he/she should have known the value of it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Maybe, TARA is not a BIG thing for her......she treated it as just one of the shows that will feature her, for more exposure and publicity perhaps.

And she did get publicity, lots of it! Bad publicity! haha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Maybe, TARA is not a BIG thing for her......she treated it as just one of the shows that will feature her, for more exposure and publicity perhaps.

And she did get publicity, lots of it! Bad publicity! haha! Twisted Evil

hmmm, do you know who Sophie's original partner?? Is she famous?? Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riches, frenemies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riches, frenemies?   Riches, frenemies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riches, frenemies?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next