Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Number 2, 1st pitstop

Go down 
+4
The_Siege
Ft.[N]az
Z-1988
4everblue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
4everblue

4everblue

Number 2, 1st pitstop Empty
PostSubject: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

not bad, not bad at all Smile

Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm

definitely not bad. They were racing in a country which was not their homecountry against two teams with homecountry advantage and they finished 2. Not bad at all. Maybe they were strong, but we will see Smile
Back to top Go down
Ft.[N]az

Ft.[N]az

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:34 pm

I don't think it's an advantage for Ivan and Hilda though. Since they live n Sarawak and not in Semenanjung Malaysia like Ethan and Khairie does ~..

Anyway, congrats to Rich and Rich.. I was hoping for them to be first though ~ Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1276658420
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Ft.[N]az wrote:
I don't think it's an advantage for Ivan and Hilda though. Since they live n Sarawak and not in Semenanjung Malaysia like Ethan and Khairie does ~..

Anyway, congrats to Rich and Rich.. I was hoping for them to be first though ~ Razz

in some ways there were still advantages for Ivan & Hilda. As Malaysians, they speak the language, that's a huge factor Smile
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Ft.[N]az wrote:

in some ways there were still advantages for Ivan & Hilda. As Malaysians, they speak the language, that's a huge factor Smile

i agree with u zee, and naz, those teams (Mal) still have an advantage since leg2 is still Malaysia, am hopin my Phil teams would catch up though esp. the Riches since they started strong hehe Wink) lookin forward to ep. 2 whew but that is 2 weeks away now Wink)
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 pm

4everblue wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Ft.[N]az wrote:

i agree with u zee, and naz, those teams (Mal) still have an advantage since leg2 is still Malaysia, am hopin my Phil teams would catch up though esp. the Riches since they started strong hehe Wink) lookin forward to ep. 2 whew but that is 2 weeks away now Wink)

exactly, the advantage is not only the possibility that they know where the place is without having to ask directions to the local. Language is a big factor Smile

Anyway, so it's not gonnabe aired online in the web now. Sad I hope AXN will still upload it online though, hahaha
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 pm

The Riches seems prone to getting lost though
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 pm

The_Siege wrote:

Poor sense of direction? Or they are still getting the hang of it? hehe
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

I hope the latter. But in Epi 1 seems like the former.I remember them saying they got pretty good information about the next destination and got pretty good instructions on how to get there but they still lost
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:33 pm

4everblue wrote:
not bad, not bad at all Smile

are you kidding? that's great! that means they're following the footsteps of Marc and Rovi. i hope they make it to the finals. btw, i haven't seen episode 1 yet.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:09 pm

The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

I hope the latter. But in Epi 1 seems like the former.I remember them saying they got pretty good information about the next destination and got pretty good instructions on how to get there but they still lost

Well i just hope that this perceived flaw will not cost them the race.....
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:00 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

well, this might be one weakness of them, but they have other strengths (like physical fitness) to "cover" this one, hahaha
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

well, this might be one weakness of them, but they have other strengths (like physical fitness) to "cover" this one, hahaha

poor sense of direction? oh, that's bad esp. in this race where they have to navigate themselves to the next destination.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 pm

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

poor sense of direction? oh, that's bad esp. in this race where they have to navigate themselves to the next destination.

well, every weakness is "bad". Let's say, a team doesn't have a physical fitness. That can be bad for them if the task is so physical (and there are many tasks in TAR(A) which are physical).
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

well, every weakness is "bad". Let's say, a team doesn't have a physical fitness. That can be bad for them if the task is so physical (and there are many tasks in TAR(A) which are physical).

yeah, i think Hilda will find the physical challenges difficult based on her performance on episode 1.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:12 am

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

yeah, i think Hilda will find the physical challenges difficult based on her performance on episode 1.

Don't underestimate Hilda. She's a tough cookie! hehe
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:42 am

The_Siege wrote:

TARA or no TARA, for real, i think men don't like to ask directions much Razz so that could be why LOL
Back to top Go down
road2glory

PostSubject: nothing to do with your homecountry   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:22 am

Why people kept associating winning with their advantages playing at homecountry. The country are massive, and everyone are not living everywhere too.

Many team lost at their homecountry or homecity. It just a matter of luck, strategy and games. Are you saying Ivan and Hilda won becoz they stay in Malaysia while the game featuring Malaysia. What about not completing the task that made the NON HOMECOUNTRY teams been penalised by 4 hours?. And not to mention Khairie and Ethan came out last, but they chose to complete the task and not taken the panelty.

Please dont underapprecited the homecountry team effort. If your theory are right, I am waiting to see if any teams will win at their own homecountry, and I dont think it will take too long. The teams will definitely go to Phillipine, India, Singapore, Indonesia etc..etc.. in their next leg.
But I bet, its nothing to do with the place, unless you have not really watching all the TAR and TARA past seasons and learn their lesson..: D
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:32 am

road2glory wrote:
Why people kept associating winning with their advantages playing at homecountry. The country are massive, and everyone are not living everywhere too.

Many team lost at their homecountry or homecity. It just a matter of luck, strategy and games. Are you saying Ivan and Hilda won becoz they stay in Malaysia while the game featuring Malaysia. What about not completing the task that made the NON HOMECOUNTRY teams been penalised by 4 hours?. And not to mention Khairie and Ethan came out last, but they chose to complete the task and not taken the panelty.

Please dont underapprecited the homecountry team effort. If your theory are right, I am waiting to see if any teams will win at their own homecountry, and I dont think it will take too long. The teams will definitely go to Phillipine, India, Singapore, Indonesia etc..etc.. in their next leg.
But I bet, its nothing to do with the place, unless you have not really watching all the TAR and TARA past seasons and learn their lesson..: D

and I would like to request you to read another similar topic that has been discussed before Smile

We have discussed this before, and we made a point that having a homecourt advantage does NOT mean team will necessarily win the leg. But still, they have the advantage over the other team, at the very least: they speak the language and that is a massive edge!!

And you might be interested in this trivia: NO team in TARA has ever been eliminated in their home country Wink
Back to top Go down
jaywils10

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 am

hi guys!! lol!
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:24 am

jaywils10 wrote:
hi guys!! lol!

hi jayw! welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:29 am

road2glory wrote:

yeah we understand that it isn't but anyways, as for TARA, i think the sentiment here, mine personally is that, can AXN or will AXN ever hold a pit-start where it is neutral? meaning not a home-country for any of the racers? your point taken, still, i find it'd be interesting to see a pretty even start for everyone, just to make things interesting a bit Wink
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 pm

road2glory wrote:

you have a point but come on, you can't deny the fact that there is a homecourt advantage, if you may, no matter how minor it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number 2, 1st pitstop   Number 2, 1st pitstop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Number 2, 1st pitstop
Page 1 of 1