Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)

Go down 
+4
Mai-Siomai
Z-1988
4everblue
RaG@zZo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) Empty
PostSubject: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 am

Clearly this is a case of home court advantage, congratulations to the Malaysian boys for winning the 1st leg!

But why didn't other teams just followed them???.....
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 am

RaG@zZo wrote:
Clearly this is a case of home court advantage, congratulations to the Malaysian boys for winning the 1st leg!

exactly. know what, i was thinkin when i was watchin it:

will there ever come a time when they will start in a neutral ground? say, NZ wherein there's no participant fr. that country? they always go to NZ anyways Razz

but i guess the answer to that is another question: will there ever be an all-non-mactor cast? so.... LOL
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:07 pm

there are so many questions for TARA that is left unanswered since season 1...

will there be a season where a team gets eliminated in the first leg!... haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:20 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
there are so many questions for TARA that is left unanswered since season 1...

will there be a season where a team gets eliminated in the first leg!... haha Very Happy

yes, season 3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

yup, definitely a home court advantage.

The reason for that (noone followed them) is probably they were so fast. They were the first one to arrive at Batu Caves and they got the answer right in the first attempt, right? While the second team (Rich & Rich) didn't get it correct in the first attempt so Rich had to do the task from the beginning again.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:04 pm

To put it simply, no one thought of following them! Maybe the others were so focused on following the route info, that they failed to strategize. The best strategy of course is to follow the Malaysian team in Malaysia!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
To put it simply, no one thought of following them! Maybe the others were so focused on following the route info, that they failed to strategize. The best strategy of course is to follow the Malaysian team in Malaysia!

Rolling Eyes

I have to partly disagree with this, because there were some conditionals in this leg. First of all, following the Malaysian team (Ethan & Khairie) would be unfeasible as they were too far in front of them. Remember, in the RB, this team got the answer correct in the first attempt while the next team after them (RR) didn't and had to stick for a while in Batu Caves while these two boys had taken off Smile As the case of Ivan & Hilda, well, I am not really sure since there was no footage about it, but they were kinda behind, right??
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I have to partly disagree with this, because there were some conditionals in this leg. First of all, following the Malaysian team (Ethan & Khairie) would be unfeasible as they were too far in front of them. Remember, in the RB, this team got the answer correct in the first attempt while the next team after them (RR) didn't and had to stick for a while in Batu Caves while these two boys had taken off Smile As the case of Ivan & Hilda, well, I am not really sure since there was no footage about it, but they were kinda behind, right??

I think the reason why no one followed them was at first they were like the last ones to find/get in their car ,and at this point, everyone's concern is to get the hell out of there so since they knew Malaysia too well they still manage to gain a lead and arrived first at the Batu Caves.

Then, as Zee mentioned, by the time they're through with a certain task, teams were just beginning to arrive or was just beginning to do it so...
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:53 pm

The Riches followed them to the cave but unfortunately miscounted the steps so K/E got away very fast. The other teams I guess are either too overwhelmed to even think of that strategy or forgot that there are Malaysian teams there.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I agree with Blue.

Ethan and Khairie were the last team to get in their car. But since they know their way around, they got to the roadblock place really fast. And since Khairie got the correct number on his 1st try, they were able to leave really early, and it widened their lead from the rest of the group.

All I'm saying is that we saw some teams asking for directions (like Jess and Lani who had to ask a bystander to come with them), and if they only thought of following E/K, then they would've saved lots of time. By doing this, they could easily overtake E/K on the last challenge. We also saw one scene that the Richards and Manas/Sahil were kinda following each other.....they should've followed E/K instead.

Even Allan pointed this thing to E/K......that nobody followed them....why?
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
I agree with Blue.

Ethan and Khairie were the last team to get in their car. But since they know their way around, they got to the roadblock place really fast. And since Khairie got the correct number on his 1st try, they were able to leave really early, and it widened their lead from the rest of the group.

All I'm saying is that we saw some teams asking for directions (like Jess and Lani who had to ask a bystander to come with them), and if they only thought of following E/K, then they would've saved lots of time. By doing this, they could easily overtake E/K on the last challenge. We also saw one scene that the Richards and Manas/Sahil were kinda following each other.....they should've followed E/K instead.

Even Allan pointed this thing to E/K......that nobody followed them....why?

because the situations didn't let them to do so Smile I agree w/ blue's opinion up there.
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:30 am

dont judge them by they are malaysian ...

batu cave to penang take 4 to 6 hour by car,,,.they drive very far and take a long time..

all malaysian can't really know all place in Malaysia...i also dont know any place in other state of Malaysia...

Batu caves in Selangor/Kuala Lumpur

then they go to Peranakan/futsal & cruise in Penang....

2 states of Malaysia here...in leg 1...the editing very good coz not show that their journey very long...that's y we just see
Alan & Wendy like lost to highway...and Natasha & Hussein take a ferry...

they want us thought both of that team are lost....but all team take the same way to go penang....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Fauzi-Gonzalez/100000132091621
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:10 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:

batu cave to penang take 4 to 6 hour by car,,,.they drive very far and take a long time..

all malaysian can't really know all place in Malaysia...i also dont know any place in other state of Malaysia...

2 states of Malaysia here...in leg 1...the editing very good coz not show that their journey very long...that's y we just see

they want us thought both of that team are lost....but all team take the same way to go penang....

you mean the Ferry that Natasha & Hussein took also goes to the cruise ship? I thought it's going away from the cruise ship? now I'm confused... the editing was confusing...
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:32 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:

well, but still, a team of Malaysians racing in Malaysia will still get the advantage than the other team (who are not-Malaysians) even though maybe they race in a place they are not familiar with. They speak the language, they might "bond" easier with the locals, etc Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:

So, going to Penang from KL may be done in 2 ways: via the highway or via the ferry?
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

well, but still, a team of Malaysians racing in Malaysia will still get the advantage than the other team (who are not-Malaysians) even though maybe they race in a place they are not familiar with. They speak the language, they might "bond" easier with the locals, etc Smile

I agree with Z in this one, speaking the local language is definitely a huge advantage...
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:42 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

I agree with Z in this one, speaking the local language is definitely a huge advantage...

exactly!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:08 pm

If that is the case, then the final leg should be in a neutral country so that no team will get the home court advantage.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

Well Z, that is already a given.....that's why this thread was called the "home court advantage". The racers speak the language, so they could converse with the bystanders and get the much-needed info, like road directions, very quickly.
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:08 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

you mean the Ferry that Natasha & Hussein took also goes to the cruise ship? I thought it's going away from the cruise ship? now I'm confused... the editing was confusing...

Cruise in Penang...Penang is an island....they all must enter that island use Penang Bridge or by Ferry....MAYBE only Hussein & Natasha use Ferry to enter that island...
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

So, going to Penang from KL may be done in 2 ways: via the highway or via the ferry?

KL - PERAK - KEDAH....all use by highway...by 4-6 hours by car then PENANG....then..they must enter Penang Island...that cruise in Penang Island...to enter that ISLAND...they can use two way....Penang Bridge or Ferry...

that editing just want make controversion....coz they want we all think Natasha & Hussein lost...thats y..just focus on them while on Ferry
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

Cruise in Penang...Penang is an island....they all must enter that island use Penang Bridge or by Ferry....MAYBE only Hussein & Natasha use Ferry to enter that island...

ok...how about Ivan & Hilda...they come from Kedah...nearby penang...why they number 6?

if u all say like that...i'm sure...soon have leg in Philipines...Indonesia..Hong Kong..and also India...we'll se...the local team can be number 1 or not...
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

nobody is saying that if you're in your country it automatically makes your team to arrive at the pitstop first, it's just that we can't deny the fact that if you are racing in your own country you have the advantage to get help from the locals and the feeling of being comfortable because even though it's your first time in a state/province within your country you don't feel foreign.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:47 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

ok...how about Ivan & Hilda...they come from Kedah...nearby penang...why they number 6?

if u all say like that...i'm sure...soon have leg in Philipines...Indonesia..Hong Kong..and also India...we'll se...the local team can be number 1 or not...

do they have to be #1 or #2 if the leg is in their home country?? Smile Do you think a team has to be #1 or #2 if they have an advantage?? Not really, you are expecting too much if you expect that. It depends on how wise (and in TARA case, how lucky, still) you were in the race. BUT, having the advantage surely helped!! Let's say a team is from China, and now the race is in China, and it happens that noone in the city they visit speaks English. But, because they are Chinese, they know the language. Don't you think it will give them an edge?? It doesn't necessarily mean they will be #1, but it will help them!! Smile

One trivia : not one single team has ever been eliminated in their home country in TARA Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:49 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:

I agree, that is one possibility. Maybe HN chose to catch a ferry to go to the island instead of crossing the bridge, hmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)   HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOME COURT ADVANTAGE :-)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next