Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...

Go down 
+4
Mai-Siomai
Joey
4everblue
RaG@zZo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... Empty
PostSubject: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I am confused on the DETOUR TASK.... some teams did 2 tasks but still finished ahead of the other teams...
some teams counted the fish with 1100pcs but got the clue, some teams have different number but still got the clue...
will the editors ever learn on how to edit this in a very clear way like what TAR does?....
very dissapointing... =(
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
I am confused on the DETOUR TASK.... some teams did 2 tasks but still finished ahead of the other teams...
some teams counted the fish with 1100pcs but got the clue, some teams have different number but still got the clue...
will the editors ever learn on how to edit this in a very clear way like what TAR does?....
very dissapointing... =(

me, i kinda expected more on the RB, how come no close up or other interesting shots were taken aside from all teams seem scrambling to give their shirts, i thought twasnt even inspected carefully by the clue-giver. oh well. it's really hard not to compare it with TAR and doubly difficult to compare and get disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down
Joey

Joey

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
very dissapointing... =(

yea..it was pretty confusing.. i think i saw Claire&Michell and Jess&Lani wrote more than 1100pcs..but they still got the clue??.. Rolling Eyes scratch
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 pm

also on the SELLING PEANUTS task, it wasn't shown clearly how some teams managed to sell all their peanuts... I was just surprised that they already have the total amount but it wasn't shown clearly how they got the total amount...

unlike in TAR when they were selling the shades, we clearly have an idea how much money they have earned and how much more they need...

but of course this is TARA, expect the unexpected... lolz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Seems like TARA 4 has a new set of people - from cameramen to editors. Their output screams NEOPHYTES!
Back to top Go down
cabioTAR

cabioTAR

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:00 pm

as TARA has 1 or more extra tasks like this eps

1. Axiata task - again silly task. to stop in KL and move to SL
2. Blessing at temple
3. Peanut selling

so, seem the producer/editor having challenge to squeeze to 40-42 minutes show ...

But TAR more focus to D & RB and other scenes focus on what's happening during the travel ...

Back to top Go down
https://http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cabiotar.blogspot.com
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:46 am

cabioTAR wrote:
as TARA has 1 or more extra tasks like this eps

1. Axiata task - again silly task. to stop in KL and move to SL
2. Blessing at temple
3. Peanut selling

so, seem the producer/editor having challenge to squeeze to 40-42 minutes show ...

But TAR more focus to D & RB and other scenes focus on what's happening during the travel ...

and it all comes down to leg-planning, right?? Smile When they planned it, the should have thought of how exciting when it finally made it on air Smile Or probably the editors should be "brave" enough to "skip" a whole entire task, just for the sake to make a good TV. TAR has done that. In TAR All-Stars, there was a RB in the final where one team member must jump off a cliff. Mirna did that. But the task never made it on TV Smile
Back to top Go down
TARIndiaFan

TARIndiaFan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:23 am

Initially, TAR used to include local time when a team reaches a route marker or when they are doing a challenge.I never understood why they decided not to do that in later seasons ..
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:47 pm

HELL YEAH! hehe
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 am

TARIndiaFan wrote:
Initially, TAR used to include local time when a team reaches a route marker or when they are doing a challenge.I never understood why they decided not to do that in later seasons ..

because maybe it was not that important and it would make the editing work harder. I mean, if there was no time shown, the editors can put scenes together so that two teams who were actually far apart seemed to be neck to neck, to make the show more interesting Smile For instance, in the newest leg of TAR 17, maybe Nat & Kate were far ahead of Michael & Kevin. If they put the actual time there, there was no way the editors could make an "intense run to the pitstop not to be the last team to get eliminated" scene, rite? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???...   Episode 3 Editing: still sucks???... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1