Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?

Go down 
+5
4everblue
chin-go
Z-1988
FauziGonzalez
Grumpy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy

Grumpy

Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? Empty
PostSubject: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi - I may be wrong, but isn't it wrong for the Indian boys to give the watch as payment for the tuk tuk in Sri Lanka?

If that's the case if the future contestants wear ROLEX watches etc can they then barter all their belongings to speed their way through all the challenges?

Hmm.... confused
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:03 am

Grumpy wrote:
Hi - I may be wrong, but isn't it wrong for the Indian boys to give the watch as payment for the tuk tuk in Sri Lanka?

If that's the case if the future contestants wear ROLEX watches etc can they then barter all their belongings to speed their way through all the challenges?

Hmm.... confused

as long as that taxi driver agree...its ok la..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Fauzi-Gonzalez/100000132091621
Grumpy

Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:06 am

But it does not make sense that contestants are allowed to barter personal belongings during the race..... If not, then all the other teams might bring something expensive and save money by bartering their personal belongings. Hmm..... No
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 am

Grumpy wrote:
But it does not make sense that contestants are allowed to barter personal belongings during the race..... If not, then all the other teams might bring something expensive and save money by bartering their personal belongings. Hmm..... No

I think what belongings participants could bring with them during the race were stictly checked by the producers.

But anyway, wasn't there a rule saying that it was prohibited?
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 am

Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

I think what belongings participants could bring with them during the race were stictly checked by the producers.

i think that not in rule TARA...

up to them la..wanna donate any their gold...watch...silver..bronze..or any...they just want SAVE...
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 am

FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

up to them la..wanna donate any their gold...watch...silver..bronze..or any...they just want SAVE...

but not nice to see. Just like the concern above. Let's say someone brought something worth 1,500 dollars and they were willing to give it away until the final next to make sure they won TARA. They would win 100,000 dollars, and they would make money from that, LOL. I think it should have been prohibited, at least, limited.
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:50 am

Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

but not nice to see. Just like the concern above. Let's say someone brought something worth 1,500 dollars and they were willing to give it away until the final next to make sure they won TARA. They would win 100,000 dollars, and they would make money from that, LOL. I think it should have been prohibited, at least, limited.

But not in each leg have this prob right...only in leg 3 in TARA 4...
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 am

It makes more sense if the contestants are not allowed to barter their own personal belongings - before they check in ... unless they pick up items given to them on the race, and then barter those newly picked up items away.

Otherwise - what is to stop the team from using ROLEX, Rayban sunglasses etc to be used as "currency" to cheat on the race? The wealthy will have a major advantage on the race then ?

Seriously, what are the AXN ppl thinking to allow the Indian boys to get away with it? It sets a very nasty precedent to close their eyes while they cheat. In the future, if AXN ever tries to kick someone off the race for giving away their personal items.... then the future teams can always quote Sri Lanka as a case where the Indian boys got away, and so they should get away with cheating too.
Back to top Go down
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 am

Grumpy wrote:
It makes more sense if the contestants are not allowed to barter their own personal belongings - before they check in ... unless they pick up items given to them on the race, and then barter those newly picked up items away.

Otherwise - what is to stop the team from using ROLEX, Rayban sunglasses etc to be used as "currency" to cheat on the race? The wealthy will have a major advantage on the race then ?

Seriously, what are the AXN ppl thinking to allow the Indian boys to get away with it? It sets a very nasty precedent to close their eyes while they cheat. In the future, if AXN ever tries to kick someone off the race for giving away their personal items.... then the future teams can always quote Sri Lanka as a case where the Indian boys got away, and so they should get away with cheating too.

i agree... at TAR, those stuntmen got penaltized for this action..
it shouldn't be allowed..
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

you're right seems like this is not the rule in TARA hmmm
Back to top Go down
will

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Not sure abot the rule in TAR, but I think they can sell stuff for money, but they cannot barter personal possesion for services already rendered, in this case, the taxi ride.

So I guess similarly Sahil & Manas should not be allowed to pay the taxi driver with a watch. (is that what happened?)

I'm also curious as to how Ethan solved his fare problem with his driver earlier.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:01 pm

will wrote:
Not sure abot the rule in TAR, but I think they can sell stuff for money, but they cannot barter personal possesion for services already rendered, in this case, the taxi ride.

So I guess similarly Sahil & Manas should not be allowed to pay the taxi driver with a watch. (is that what happened?)

I'm also curious as to how Ethan solved his fare problem with his driver earlier.

Hmm... the Indian boys with the watch payment thing is a real doozy for TARA. From a logical perspective, it is cheating. Yes, that is what happened. They paid the tuktuk driver with the watch.

It seems to me that in Sri Lanka the tuktuk drivers were conspiring outside the sewing factory, as they all wanted 3,000 rupees initially. The aggressive man harassing the Malaysian boys also wanted 3,000 rupees but he was bargained down to a much much lower amount by Ethan to about 400? 500? I can't remember.

It is not as bad as what happened to the Fillipino girls, who were cheated and stranded at the roadside after the tuktuk driver agreed on the price at the start, and then demanded a huge price hike half way through. Very very evil man !!
Back to top Go down
ericng19

ericng19

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Grumpy wrote:

Hmm.... confused
\
They can give off their pants, clothes, even underwear if they want to..^^
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:09 am

FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

yea, but when it is "allowed", each team can make this "problem" occur each leg Smile
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:47 am

Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

yea, but when it is "allowed", each team can make this "problem" occur each leg Smile

don't worry la..sure after that leg...TARA crew will tell them...maybe new rules or any...
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 pm

I think TAR & TARA has different set of rules...

in TAR this would not have been allowed but I'm not surprised that TARA allowed it, considering the lame way of how the producres planned each task and the lame rules they impose on it since leg 1.... I think there's more to come... we'll just have to wait and see...

TARA is moving backwards sad to say.... =(
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

yeah, we have found flaw(s) in each leg, hmmm
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

in TAR this would not have been allowed but I'm not surprised that TARA allowed it, considering the lame way of how the producres planned each task and the lame rules they impose on it since leg 1.... I think there's more to come... we'll just have to wait and see...

True, I believe TAR has disallowed personal belongings of racers to be used as payment, and I think TARA should have the same rule. But with what Manas and Sahil did, does that mean TARA has a different rule? Is that even possible?

We have witnessed several "violations" have been committed, and yet, TARA has not made any "penalties" yet. Sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:41 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

True, I believe TAR has disallowed personal belongings of racers to be used as payment, and I think TARA should have the same rule. But with what Manas and Sahil did, does that mean TARA has a different rule? Is that even possible?

We have witnessed several "violations" have been committed, and yet, TARA has not made any "penalties" yet. Sad. Crying or Very sad

I still think TARA has the right to create its own rules Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?   Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sahil and Manas giving a watch as taxi payment is allowed?
Page 1 of 1