Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dexter02

dexter02

A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? Empty
PostSubject: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:45 pm

I just watched episode 1 for the second time and I noticed that all teams chose the "Rags" task over the "Flags" task. I believe that it was an easy choice for the teams and I do think that they made the right choice. The task was so easy that everyone except the Indonesian girls breezed through the task. They should have made the clues more misleading, if you will, so as to lure the racers to make the wrong choice. hehe.

What are your views forummers?
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:36 am

Well, I dunno about the other detour so I can't say anyhting, maybe it is also as easy as this one??
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:34 am

Z-1988 wrote:
Well, I dunno about the other detour so I can't say anyhting, maybe it is also as easy as this one??

i think it was more interesting since they have to look for flags with clues using only ship lingos.
if they are not familiar with it then that would be more challenging for them.
it would have been fun to watch that task being done.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:54 pm

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

i think it was more interesting since they have to look for flags with clues using only ship lingos.

yeah. Maybe u r right, at least in the explanation, FLAGS might be way more complicated than RAGS that's why noone picked FLAGS, hmmm
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

yeah. Maybe u r right, at least in the explanation, FLAGS might be way more complicated than RAGS that's why noone picked FLAGS, hmmm

exactly my point! it's either the clues are tooooo obvious or the racers are toooo smart. hehe
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:34 am

dexter02 wrote:
I just watched episode 1 for the second time and I noticed that all teams chose the "Rags" task over the "Flags" task. I believe that it was an easy choice for the teams and I do think that they made the right choice. The task was so easy that everyone except the Indonesian girls breezed through the task. They should have made the clues more misleading, if you will, so as to lure the racers to make the wrong choice. hehe.

Usually, detours are like that, isn't it? One task is "physical" while the other is "mental". Well, if you know nautical flags and familiar with ship lingos, then the flags task would've been a breeze and could be finished earlier than the rags task. But since no one had that ability, then all teams chose the "physical" task, though longer to finish, but it wouldn't require too much thinking. hehe
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:36 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

Usually, detours are like that, isn't it? One task is "physical" while the other is "mental". Well, if you know nautical flags and familiar with ship lingos, then the flags task would've been a breeze and could be finished earlier than the rags task. But since no one had that ability, then all teams chose the "physical" task, though longer to finish, but it wouldn't require too much thinking. hehe

maybe the FLAGS task involved "needle-in-haystack" factor? Where team had to find the flags somewhere in the ship?? That's why noone picked it, maybe
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

yeah, but sometimes detours can be hard to figure out. i just think the clues were a giveaway.
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:

maybe the FLAGS task involved "needle-in-haystack" factor? Where team had to find the flags somewhere in the ship?? That's why noone picked it, maybe

maybe, but i guess the main reason why they avoided the task was that it required certain knowledge about nautical flags and ship lingos which i think they do lack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?   A NO-BRAINER DETOUR? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A NO-BRAINER DETOUR?
Page 1 of 1