Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?

Go down 
+8
dexter02
Mai-Siomai
inan_kewl
chin-go
RaG@zZo
ronn_franco
Z-1988
blue_oceans22
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JJ always

JJ always

Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
i'm wondering why thailand team did'nt join the race for this season? is there because their bad performances in last season?
I'm a little bit confused too, the name "Asia" is a bit misleading i think as most of the contestants this season are from Southeast Asia. I expected fair representation of teams from across Asian regions such as West Asia (Middle East), Central Asia, Far East, Indochina (Have Iran, Japan, Korea, Burma, Vietnam ever been represented?) etc. I think it'd be super fun to have all kind of Asian in the race, each with their own culture, accent and uniqueness...Just hoping cat

well, there are tons of Asian countries while there are only 10 slots available, so ... Smile
lol yeah sure some of the countries even have double representatives! Suspect

maybe you're right, it must had been so hard for the jury to process every application from just all those countries. One country alone could have sent thousands of applications. I knew it was quite impossible...but i think it worth mentioning just in case Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:51 pm

JJ always wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
i'm wondering why thailand team did'nt join the race for this season? is there because their bad performances in last season?
I'm a little bit confused too, the name "Asia" is a bit misleading i think as most of the contestants this season are from Southeast Asia. I expected fair representation of teams from across Asian regions such as West Asia (Middle East), Central Asia, Far East, Indochina (Have Iran, Japan, Korea, Burma, Vietnam ever been represented?) etc. I think it'd be super fun to have all kind of Asian in the race, each with their own culture, accent and uniqueness...Just hoping cat

well, there are tons of Asian countries while there are only 10 slots available, so ... Smile
lol yeah sure some of the countries even have double representatives! Suspect

maybe you're right, it must had been so hard for the jury to process every application from just all those countries. One country alone could have sent thousands of applications. I knew it was quite impossible...but i think it worth mentioning just in case Smile

maybe they are aiming for the market in those countries?? I mean, maybe it's worthless picking contestant from a country where TARA is not popular, or even is never heard, right?? Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:57 pm

JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

I would love that too. It would be better if there were more countries being represented in the race. That would also broaden the audience of the show and probably they could visit more Asian countries during the race.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:54 pm

dexter02 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

I would love that too. It would be better if there were more countries being represented in the race. That would also broaden the audience of the show and probably they could visit more Asian countries during the race.

the thing is, because there are only 10 slots available, giving some of the slots to "more" countries means "less" slots for current represented countries. And the producers need to keep their eyes on these current represented countries as these are where their markets are (mostly, maybe). Why would they give away a slot ot two to a country where there is no AXN access or TAR(A) is not popular there?? Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

the thing is, because there are only 10 slots available, giving some of the slots to "more" countries means "less" slots for current represented countries. And the producers need to keep their eyes on these current represented countries as these are where their markets are (mostly, maybe). Why would they give away a slot ot two to a country where there is no AXN access or TAR(A) is not popular there?? Smile

again it all boils down to ratings! they can try though, they'll never know until they try. take for example, china has a very large population to say the least, we just never know what fraction of the population will watch tara.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 pm

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

again it all boils down to ratings! they can try though, they'll never know until they try. take for example, china has a very large population to say the least, we just never know what fraction of the population will watch tara.

or, they can survey it first. If they do try and it fails, they know it doesn't work BUT they have lost their money!! I'm sure that's not what the producers want.
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

or, they can survey it first. If they do try and it fails, they know it doesn't work BUT they have lost their money!! I'm sure that's not what the producers want.

yeah, you're right. it's all about the benjamins. that's kinda shi@#y though. hehe
Back to top Go down
FauziGonzalez

FauziGonzalez

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:37 am

Arab or uzbekistan or Kazakhstan also not enter this race...y erk?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Fauzi-Gonzalez/100000132091621
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:52 am

FauziGonzalez wrote:

simple, maybe noone applied from those countries?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:53 am

dexter02 wrote:

yeah, you're right. it's all about the benjamins. that's kinda shi@#y though. hehe

yeah, but it is business after all, so we can not really complain about it Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ always

JJ always

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 am

Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

Maybe none applied directly from their native countries, but doesn't mean that there were no Arab expats, or Arab descent who live abroad applied. If im not mistaken you don't need to hold an Arab passport to represent Saudi Arabia for example. One good example is Jess, she doesn't look like a Pinoy to me... confused
Back to top Go down
JJ always

JJ always

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 am

dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

Yeah, i agree with u, Benjamins rulezz!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:20 am

JJ always wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
FauziGonzalez wrote:

Maybe none applied directly from their native countries, but doesn't mean that there were no Arab expats, or Arab descent who live abroad applied. If im not mistaken you don't need to hold an Arab passport to represent Saudi Arabia for example. One good example is Jess, she doesn't look like a Pinoy to me... confused

well, if this is the case, it will be another looooong discussion Smile Through all these seasons, some people have "complaint" about how the racers do not "represent" some certain countries as because of their race or maybe origin Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:15 pm

FauziGonzalez wrote:

maybe someone did apply from those countries they just did not make the cut.
Back to top Go down
สุดที่รั

สุดที่รั

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 am

blue_oceans22 wrote:
no~! It's maybe because there are only a few thai who can understand english, and fewer know what the Amazing Race is. And also we prefer watching our own films than foreign film. Nevertheless im still watching whether my country is represented or not because it's not like my country would gain anything by having our team winning the race and also it is too exciting to be missed. Though i would prefer less celebrities, more pitstop in Africa and more difficult tasks flower
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:42 am

สุดที่รั wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
no~! It's maybe because there are only a few thai who can understand english, and fewer know what the Amazing Race is. And also we prefer watching our own films than foreign film. Nevertheless im still watching whether my country is represented or not because it's not like my country would gain anything by having our team winning the race and also it is too exciting to be missed. Though i would prefer less celebrities, more pitstop in Africa and more difficult tasks flower

but in all previous seasons we had Thai teams, even sometimes we had two in one season Very Happy
Back to top Go down
สุดที่รั

สุดที่รั

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

Z-1988 wrote:
สุดที่รั wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

but in all previous seasons we had Thai teams, even sometimes we had two in one season Very Happy
Yep they were including expats, celebs, beauty queens and one hell of an invited whiny Russian Canadian beauty pageant winner

thanks to the people who want diversification cat
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:21 pm

blue_oceans22 wrote:

i don't think bad performance is a direct reason could be Thais' response to the show.. maybe they got less viewers than expected, ratings-wise
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 pm

สุดที่รั wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
สุดที่รั wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

Yep they were including expats, celebs, beauty queens and one hell of an invited whiny Russian Canadian beauty pageant winner

thanks to the people who want diversification cat

hahahaha, yea...
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 am

4everblue wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:

i don't think bad performance is a direct reason could be Thais' response to the show.. maybe they got less viewers than expected, ratings-wise

i agree. they could care less about the performance. it's a ratings game. maybe the viewership is not that good in thailand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2