Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

What can you say about episode 5?

Go down 
+2
chin-go
4everblue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4everblue

4everblue

What can you say about episode 5? Empty
PostSubject: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:38 am

By far, one of the best legs in TARA, for me because of the:
-spectacular view of the picturesque Mayon Volcano, which is by the way, famous for its "perfect cone" because of its almost symmetrically conical shape
-amazing pitstop at Misibis Ampitheater
-nice Ibalong traditional, dance, it's remarkably challenging Smile
-nice challenges over-all
-fast-paced
-good to see an Intersection
-and here, we get to see how good the variety of teams are of TARA4!
-oh and cabioTAR is right, 1st female pitstop greeter this season Smile She, btw, is Tessa Prieto Valdez, a socialite kinda known for her flambotyant costume-like attires/dresses. In that epi. she wore an abaca (native product used in handicrafts, for which Bicol is also known for) red gown
-nice editing,

The only downsides I can say so far are:
-there's not much 'talk/audio' at the pigpen i guess the production dint get quite near the racers there plus
-most of the rides are via marked vehicles thus there's not much money/resource-management here

oh additional info: the pukpok palayok kinda sounds funny for us Pinoys generally we call it hataw palayok (pukpok and hataw = strike)

What can you say about episode 5???

post your thoughts here Smile bounce bounce

Last edited by 4everblue on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm

sis, your thread's title's wrong i think.. Very Happy

well for me this episode's editing is a little better.. but there are still massively big rooms for improvements...

i always liked Intersection, but i do think this episode's intersection kinda sucky and wasting time...

what were they intersected for? cleaning the beach and that's it? a waste of challenge.. of so many good challenge they can do together (like transporting beds TAR season 10 and even a 2 teams fast forward of eating cow's face at TAR season 10) why cleaning the beach? the least exciting challenge up till now in this season i think is the beach cleaning.. they didn't show us much in the editing as well.. so why waste INTERSECTION? Suspect

the confession section is getting better! i always be able to predict who will come first and last by watching the conversations in the confession.. usually teams with large portion of confession come first or last in a leg.. In this leg the largest portion i think were Ethan n Khairie, Ivan n Hilda and Nat n Hussein.
Seeing Ethan n Khairie and also ivan n hilda reached the pit stop, i almost sure that team indo will be eliminated.. they fooled me.. Razz good improvement... this leg, the producers finally shown us more of Natasha n Hussein (previous legs, they has the least portion of confession i believe)

yeah this episode is probably the best one so far, but it still needs help Razz
Back to top Go down
reign25

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm

I concur with ate chin..leg 5 is the best and so far the most exciting leg.. Smile parang FINAL Leg na eh.. hehe.. Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:28 pm

i agree with blue, this is the best episode so far.
magnificent views, exhilirating and challenging tasks and a good competition between the racers.
who would have thought that natasha would beat one of the indian boys in the kayak challenge?
good one natasha!

but i do have to agree with chin-go on the beach cleaning being a lame challenge.
don't get me wrong, i am all for coastal clean-up but what they did looked fake.
it seems like the garbage were intentionally put there just for the challenge.

but by and large, the best episode so far.
kudos to tara 4 producers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VI

VI

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:59 pm

They're always showing (aerial view) the majestic most beautiful and perfect volcano in the world MAYON. <3
Back to top Go down
will

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:12 pm

I agree with chin-go and dexter re the intersection. The rubbish didnt seem particularly heavy to carry nor hard to collect. And it looked like it was set up, not real world rubbish that you find on shores. What a waste. But i got the message: Caltex cares for the environment ... since the cluegiver was wearing a Caltex shirt. Maybe they should instead arrange all racers and staff to do actual clean-up after the race (like TAR17 painting the school) which is more meaningful even though small-scaled. The intersection should be a thousand times more interesting. No

Salute to the Riches for being the only team that was willing to get down and dirty with the pig task, perhaps the dance wasn't manly enough ... I like the banjo music that came on with the chase lol. Sahil wanted to do the detour because he wanted to hold a cute pig? Is that a good race strategy? Sahil and Manas should have stuck to the pig catching task though, the local spectators wanted to see it, I wanted to see it. For the jig task, Natasha was skillful, Sunaina wasn't bad and Claire looked cute dancing. According to Ivan, dance-wise he is "fairly coordinated". Really? For 45 minutes? Laughing

Once the team got the Correct! envelope, the race became predictable, as teams had to take jet skis and jeeps driven by someone else... But all that happened before (minus the intersection) was actually quite enjoyable to watch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 pm

chin-go wrote:
sis, your thread's title's wrong i think.. Very Happy

well for me this episode's editing is a little better.. but there are still massively big rooms for improvements...

i always liked Intersection, but i do think this episode's intersection kinda sucky and wasting time...

yeah this episode is probably the best one so far, but it still needs help Razz

wahhh thanks for pointing out my mistake bro
my bad excited to see next epi. lol
Intersection hmm most of the time this involves a detour not a route info task oh well
yeah i guess ur right, twas improved in a lot of ways but as long as there's room for improvement there's more we can look forward to in TARA 5, 6, 7, 8, and so on Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can you say about episode 5?   What can you say about episode 5? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can you say about episode 5?
Page 1 of 1