Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Season 4's Villains

Go down 
+10
Seijent
blue_oceans22
inan_kewl
4everblue
RaG@zZo
Norman's Blog
nilasy_djoeragan
Z-1988
traddict
The_Siege
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

Season 4's Villains - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 pm

One thing I learned in "The Apprentice", Donald Trump rarely pays attention to the attitude of the contestants. His concern always is performance - if you delivered what is expected from you - then you're on Mr Trump's side.

In TARA, I guess, as long as the racers do not cheat to complete a task ahead of the others, that's fine with me. If they're not friendly with other racers, it's fine with me also.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am

I agrre Mai. I remeber the former President of our company (who was an American by the way), he always say, I don't care how you do it, just do it.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
One thing I learned in "The Apprentice", Donald Trump rarely pays attention to the attitude of the contestants. His concern always is performance - if you delivered what is expected from you - then you're on Mr Trump's side.

In TARA, I guess, as long as the racers do not cheat to complete a task ahead of the others, that's fine with me. If they're not friendly with other racers, it's fine with me also.

Very Happy

Well, I read a blog of one contestant of The Apprentice. He said that everything went under heavy load of editing before it finally made it to the airing. Sometimes, it is not the work the contestant has/hasn't done which causes him/her to get fired, haha...

Anyway, yeah. In TARA, the basic rule is that no cheating allowed. BUT, when they try to outsmart other teams using some sneaky strategies, that's kinda "sneaky" and that's probably what makes them "villains", Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Very Happy

Well, I read a blog of one contestant of The Apprentice. He said that everything went under heavy load of editing before it finally made it to the airing. Sometimes, it is not the work the contestant has/hasn't done which causes him/her to get fired, haha...

Anyway, yeah. In TARA, the basic rule is that no cheating allowed. BUT, when they try to outsmart other teams using some sneaky strategies, that's kinda "sneaky" and that's probably what makes them "villains", Laughing

Well Z, all TV shows, regardless if its genre is reality or not are under the mercy of the producers and director. They edit the show so that it will head towards the direction of the storyline that they wish. Anyway, I guess that also happened in TARA. Some of the racers were made to look bad, while some where made to look nice. So the reality show....isn't really real! hehe
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:

Well Z, all TV shows, regardless if its genre is reality or not are under the mercy of the producers and director. They edit the show so that it will head towards the direction of the storyline that they wish. Anyway, I guess that also happened in TARA. Some of the racers were made to look bad, while some where made to look nice. So the reality show....isn't really real! hehe

Ironically, that's the reality of reality shows scratch
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Very Happy

Indeed, that was my point Smile It's not that "real".
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:18 pm

haha! Yeah!

I want the Riches to be like Marc and Rovi....alpha-males who are nice and funny at the same time. You don't actually have to be a bad person just so you could be successful, right?
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
haha! Yeah!

I want the Riches to be like Marc and Rovi....alpha-males who are nice and funny at the same time. You don't actually have to be a bad person just so you could be successful, right?

exactly, and racers don't have to be a "villain" to get the camera in front of them, lol. Sure, it is the easiest way to get it, but still, there are still other plenty chances
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 pm

But let's admit it, the villains are the most talked about and watched. People seem to watch every thing they do lol
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 am

The_Siege wrote:
Actually, I love TARA's perceived villains. I just got tired of the goody goody winning lol! I want "evil" to shine once in a while Twisted Evil

hehe. I don't really care. I just hope team pinas will bring home the bacon this time around.
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:51 am

The_Siege wrote:
But let's admit it, the villains are the most talked about and watched. People seem to watch every thing they do lol

hahaha, it is 100% true Smile But do you want the "villain" image to be attached with you after the show (if you were in the race)? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 am

The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

in contrary, that's how fake reality shows are... hahaha... Razz
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:25 am

Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

hahaha, it is 100% true Smile But do you want the "villain" image to be attached with you after the show (if you were in the race)? Very Happy

because, every one of us, in a way or another, had experienced being with a villain in our life... Razz
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

yeah lol!
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Yeah, that's another way of saying it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

because, every one of us, in a way or another, had experienced being with a villain in our life... Razz

hahaha! But I don't want to be identified as the villain even if I am one! lol!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

hahaha! But I don't want to be identified as the villain even if I am one! lol!

that's it. Probably we need to think of this IF we are in a reality show (Inan should think of this since he is the most likely to be in TARA now, hahahaha) Very Happy

Do you still remember how Andy was depicted as the villain in season 1?? Well, not fun of course, hehe
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 pm

if reality shows are fake, then can we still call it REALITY?... now I'm confused... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:25 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
if reality shows are fake, then can we still call it REALITY?... now I'm confused... Shocked

come to think about it, probably the closest show to a "reality" is a documentary show, hehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

Yes, technically. Because the "contestants" act and speak naturally, they do not follow a script. They do not portray a character, but themselves only. It's hard to act like someone you're not, most especially if there's a camera that captures your moves 24/7.

It's really the producers and director who edit the show....and make some people look bad or nice. They are the ones who set the "story line". They may not have the influence on the winner....but they will definitely make it an intriguing show! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

come to think about it, probably the closest show to a "reality" is a documentary show, hehehe Smile

So true! Like the ones shown in NGC, History Channel and Discovery. Also, a reality show can be those shown in CNN and other news channels! lol!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:33 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

So true! Like the ones shown in NGC, History Channel and Discovery. Also, a reality show can be those shown in CNN and other news channels! lol!

LOL, yeah, those shows are waay more "real" than a reality show, LOL
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 am

RaG@zZo wrote:

we can call it whatever we want. Smile REALITY is just a proper name to categorically distinguish these kinds of shows on TV from all others.

They probably called it as such because it depicts actions and interactions in a seemingly REAL way... Granted the feelings and emotions are real, the whole concept is not...

A simple example, a team is riding a cab, it shows they will ride a cab, but the reality is they have to take the "riding the cab" scene in 4 or 5 shots, one while flagging the cab, another while the camera is inside the cab looking at the team, another with the camera zooming on one member of the team talking to the driver, another while the team is getting inside the cab and the final shot: the cab zooming away... but wait, the cameraman is not omnipresent, he has to be in the proper positions to be able to capture the shots flawlessly...
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

we can call it whatever we want. Smile REALITY is just a proper name to categorically distinguish these kinds of shows on TV from all others.

They probably called it as such because it depicts actions and interactions in a seemingly REAL way... Granted the feelings and emotions are real, the whole concept is not...

A simple example, a team is riding a cab, it shows they will ride a cab, but the reality is they have to take the "riding the cab" scene in 4 or 5 shots, one while flagging the cab, another while the camera is inside the cab looking at the team, another with the camera zooming on one member of the team talking to the driver, another while the team is getting inside the cab and the final shot: the cab zooming away... but wait, the cameraman is not omnipresent, he has to be in the proper positions to be able to capture the shots flawlessly...

yeah, exactly. That's the reality of a reality show, haha
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

Wow! We've got insider info from a mactor! j/k Inan!

Of course, we have an idea how it's done.....Z and I were just posting messages for the sake of posting one. hehe Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 4's Villains   Season 4's Villains - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 4's Villains
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next