Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Highway robbery ... literally ??

Go down 
+4
will
1vv1nj3
Z-1988
TARIndiaFan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TARIndiaFan

TARIndiaFan

Highway robbery ... literally ?? Empty
PostSubject: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 am

wow, I can't believe somebody paid 3000 LKR for a rickshaw ride!! That's like more than 1100 INR and that is very expensive compared even to "Indian" standards. Here in India, the rickshaw drivers are like modern Robin Hood. The only difference is they "rob" others and keep the money for themselves. I swear I usually sees rupee signs in their eyes when they realize that I am not from the area .. lol
The point being, I think the rickshaw drivers were overcharging them. Can somebody from SL confirm whether these are normal rates or the drivers are having "let's rip-off this foreign dude" syndrome ??

oh btw, it feels good to be back Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 am

TARIndiaFan wrote:

oh btw, it feels good to be back Smile

nice to meet you here again Smile
Back to top Go down
1vv1nj3

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:17 am

When Jess & Lani and the other team went to the same spot..
They have to paid different amount of money..
Which I see is pretty abusing..

3000 Rupee? 9000? OMG!!.. Like seriously.. That's too much ..

Now I have bad feelings about the cambodian.. I think I won't ever want to go there for the rest of my life.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
will

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I just checked ... 3000 Rupees = USD26.70!

For a distance of how many kms?

At that price, I expect something with at least four wheels! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:11 am

will wrote:
I just checked ... 3000 Rupees = USD26.70!

For a distance of how many kms?

At that price, I expect something with at least four wheels! Laughing

really?? That would be about 20 euro?? C'Mon, that's "robbery"
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:17 pm

what can we expect guys, I think most of the people in this country is living below poverty and expect people to rip you off if they get to find a chance to do that, of course I don't agree with that and people should learn how to make a living in a decent manner, but I think that's the reality of it... sad to say even here in Manila some cab drivers try to take you for a ride just to earn more... =(
Back to top Go down
VI

VI

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Same thing goes with the Philippines!!! taxi driver robbery!!
but in Sri Lanka they have no shame, they blatantly do it even with cameras rolling on... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:28 pm

VI wrote:
Same thing goes with the Philippines!!! taxi driver robbery!!
but in Sri Lanka they have no shame, they blatantly do it even with cameras rolling on... Laughing

My thoughts exactly! Those drivers just didn't care that the cameras were recording what they were doing! hehe. As long as they got what they want - which is a lot of money - it's okay that the cameras kept on rolling!
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:33 pm

I guess it's a common mentality amongst third-world countries.......some locals try to rip off the foreigners, or even locals that "stray" into their land. hehe
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:38 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
I guess it's a common mentality amongst third-world countries.......some locals try to rip off the foreigners, or even locals that "stray" into their land. hehe

kinda sad to say, but yeah
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:

yeah, it doesn't only happen in Sri Lanka.
too bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highway robbery ... literally ??   Highway robbery ... literally ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highway robbery ... literally ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Episodic Forums*Warning: contain spoilers* :: *EPISODE 3*-
Jump to: