Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!

Go down 
+3
dexter02
Z-1988
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! Empty
PostSubject: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 pm

It was about four years ago, in November 9, 2006, to be exact that The Amazing Race Asia made its debut on AXN. On that season/TARA1, among the many racers, it is easy to say that Mardy and Marsio from Indonesia, will not be easily forgotten and is adored up to now from fans all over Asia.. chubby, smart, funny and down-to-earth are just some of the valuable qualities to describe these siblings from Indonesia. Aside from that, it’s the very value of brotherhood and their chemistry that kept us glued to our seats as we either support M&M or just simply bear witness to the fun, drama and some action M&M experienced in the best reality tv show – The Amazing Race Asia! It is also good to know that, they are very much ordinary people and not mactor'ish in any way Very Happy

Now it’s 2010 and without further ado, for our first feature here on FORMER RACERS, TARA Forum is proud to present this online interview with the brothers, Mardy and Marsio:

PART I.

HOW DID YOU GET IN TARA? WAS IT DIFFICULT?

Mardy: We’re very lucky to be selected, we didn’t know until couple weeks of the race. I would say “yes”, it was difficult, especially for us. The process itself took couple of weeks.

Marsio: It was when my brother saw AXN had advertised looking for participants for TARA, he quickly called me and wanted for both of us to join. It was not difficult. Just follow the website instructions and then they will contact you if they are interested with you. :-)

DO YOU THINK BEING POPULAR OR BEING CELEBRITIES ARE NEEDED TO JOIN? WHY OR WHY NOT?

Mardy: I’m not sure to answer this question about the celebrity needed to join..:-( Everybody is welcome to apply & join, if you’re adventurer enough, loves adrenaline rush, and can persevere, I would think they should apply... Even though, 7-8 out of 10 were celebrities most cases but don’t hindered yourself from applying.

Marsio: It's a plus being famous. But not a necessity to join. Its more towards the relationship that the producers are looking for.
Keep your hopes high.

WHAT WAS IT LIKE TO BE PART OF THE FIRST EVER SEASON OF TARA?

Mardy: It’s a priceless feeling..! It’s the experience I can’t buy with money. I felt proud, happy, and love my supporter from all regions of Asia.

Marsio: It was amazing and unforgettable. Looking back, watching the videos over, i still couldn't
believe that we actually did join the amazing race ....
Makes your life worth living. :-)

ARE THE TASKS/CHALLENGES/FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND A COUNTRY OR TOWN MORE DIFFICULT THAN IT LOOKS?

to be continued...

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://tara.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Part II   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Part II

ARE THE TASKS/CHALLENGES/FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND A COUNTRY OR TOWN MORE DIFFICULT THAN IT LOOKS?

Mardy: Yes, absolutely, especially in TARA.

Marsio: Absolutely. Everything you see on TV is nothing compared to what you actually went
through. Back then ( b4 I joined), I used to look at USA Amazing Race and said - hey
that's easy. i could do that, etc. In Real, super tough. At least for me. HahahahA.

DID YOU TALK ABOUT STRATEGIES PRIOR THE RACE LIKE, FOR EX., ASSIGN A NAVIGATOR OR DRIVER (FOR MANUAL ETC.)? WHAT OTHER PREPARATIONS DID YOU DO BEFORE THE ACTUAL RACE START?

Mardy: Yes, briefly. Actually, we didn’t have any preparation at all... except to buy our backpacks couple days before we’re heading to the race.

Marsio: No strategies. Just make sure we follow the rules of the game.
And trying to survive one leg to the next.
We did however had an agreement (me and my bro) that he will do all the jumping and I
will do the eating. Hahahaha.

WHAT ARE YOU BUSY WITH AFTER THE RACE AND UP TO NOW?

Mardy: After the race, expect 10-14 days post race syndrome...:-)
For now, as usual family, business, work, and more work.

Marsio: After the race, i went on to do my work. Taking photographs and portraits.
I am currently working on a photography book (yay, my first book), also making my very
first big screen Movie. Gallery exhibition of my fine art works is also on the way.

WILL YOU STILL LOVE TO JOIN AGAIN, IF GIVEN A CHANCE? WHO WOULD YOU RACE WITH (APART FROM EACH OTHER), SHOULD THERE BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO?

to be continued

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Part III   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 pm

WILL YOU STILL LOVE TO JOIN AGAIN, IF GIVEN A CHANCE? WHO WOULD YOU RACE WITH (APART FROM EACH OTHER), SHOULD THERE BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO?

Mardy: If given a chance, I would love to join the race again..! I won’t miss it for the world..:-)
We’re known as M&M, we prefer to keep it that way..:-)

Marsio: I would love to join the race again. Provided that I am still healthy and able.
I would race with my brother again. I need to catch up with him again as we rarely had
the opportunity to meet.
I disappoint him on the last race. With another race, I will try to not disappoint him.
(cross my fingers).

WHAT CAN YOU SAY/ADVICE OTHERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THE AMAZING RACE ASIA?

Mardy: Keep trying and be yourself..!! Don’t ever give up..!! And make an interesting video..!

Marsio: Stay healthy, follow the rules, find an interesting partner. Never give up

ANY LAST WORDS TO YOUR FANS WHO I PERSONALLY KNOW MISS INDONESIA'S M&M'S SO MUCH?

Mardy: We, thank you so much for your support throughout the season. Without any fans and your supports, we won’t be here as M&M today. Again, from the bottom of our heartfelt “thank you”!! we love you all.

Marsio: Thank you so much for all your supports!!!
It really truly touched my heart to know that many people love the show.
Do Cherish the friendships that everyone (from corners of asia and the world) share!!!!!
It truly makes the world a better place to live. Peace!
CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! 200px-MardyMarsio
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 am

MnM is the best!!
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 pm

cool!
do u have updates on the former pinoy racers?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

dexter02 wrote:
cool!
do u have updates on the former pinoy racers?

yes, there will be updates on former-TARA-Phil really soon Wink as well as other former racers' stay tuned on this part of the forum for those Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:23 am

Wow! When did this online interview happen? Just recently? Cool!
Back to top Go down
สุดที่รั

สุดที่รั

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:43 am

i started to really like them when they were in wat saket, they prayed to Buddha in the middle of an intense race. Even for me i wouldn't have bothered to do it. It must had been really spiritual and thank God they didn't get eliminated right after Very Happy
Definitely a must for Amazing Race All-Star Smile
Back to top Go down
4everblue

4everblue

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:54 pm

สุดที่รั wrote:
i started to really like them when they were in wat saket, they prayed to Buddha in the middle of an intense race. Even for me i wouldn't have bothered to do it. It must had been really spiritual and thank God they didn't get eliminated right after Very Happy

indeed!
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:32 pm

สุดที่รั wrote:
Definitely a must for Amazing Race All-Star, Smile

So agreee!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:59 pm

สุดที่รั wrote:

amen!
Back to top Go down
mr. cullen

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:29 am

i remember when Marsio said "our body is not designed for this race, these bodies only design for eat and sleep.."
and also when they are in bus station (thailand) Mardy got angry to Marsio "Marsio, stop eating and get the ticket first.." hahahahahahahaha
but despite their physical disadvantage, they turn out to be a very fun team, smart and loveable..I am so proud of them..I want to hug them Razz
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:51 am

mr. cullen wrote:
i remember when Marsio said "our body is not designed for this race, these bodies only design for eat and sleep.."
and also when they are in bus station (thailand) Mardy got angry to Marsio "Marsio, stop eating and get the ticket first.." hahahahahahahaha
but despite their physical disadvantage, they turn out to be a very fun team, smart and loveable..I am so proud of them..I want to hug them Razz

and they are actually a strong team!! Smile
Back to top Go down
mr. cullen

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
mr. cullen wrote:

and they are actually a strong team!! Smile

agree Smile ....

also like their strategy...."don't save the money...just spend...spend...spend it to go to the pit stop", marsio.
hahahahahaha,,,, Razz
Back to top Go down
สุดที่รั

สุดที่รั

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 pm

and they were also lucky!

i don't think they'd go far should they participated in other season, though it always gets me thinking, what would they do if they were in this season right now??? Question

i really miss them, maybe they can be the greeter in some Indonesian legs, if there's going to be any rabbit
Back to top Go down
mr. cullen

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

สุดที่รั wrote:
and they were also lucky!

i don't think they'd go far should they participated in other season, though it always gets me thinking, what would they do if they were in this season right now??? Question

i really miss them, maybe they can be the greeter in some Indonesian legs, if there's going to be any rabbit

If they were in this season maybe the physical challenge will be one of their weakness...but they have brains...they are smart...and have passion for this race. They always have fun all the race...never been under pressure. so it's gonna be fun to see this M&M's action one more time in TARA. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!   CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CATCHING UP WITH M&M!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Post other topics about TAR U.S. and TARA 1, 2, 3 :: FORMER RACERS-
Jump to: