Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?

Go down 
+3
VI
RaG@zZo
Grumpy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy

Grumpy

Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? Empty
PostSubject: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:24 pm

If I were the company Pugot (as the male Indian team mis-pronounced Peugeot) - I would be pretty unhappy that:
1) the Indian team slaughtered the pronunciation of the name - although Pugot is very funny!
2) that out of 10 brand new cars 308 Turbo, one car broke down - which is a 10% defect rate on brand new cars.

It seems that the broken down Pugot might have been deliberately placed by the AXN producers to bring some drama to the first race - but nonetheless, it is very bad product placement advertising for Pugot.

I think I will always call them Pugot from now on. I like the sound of it.

Either way - Pugot will not be happy about it

Hahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:25 pm

hahaha Very Happy this made me laugh! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VI

VI

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:47 pm

What? scratch
PUGOT in Philippines means CHOPPED.
You want me to chop your head! lol!

Last edited by VI on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Z-1988

Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:51 pm

well, that kind of incident happens all the time Smile We have that incident also in TAR, in several occassions Smile
Back to top Go down
ericng19

ericng19

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Grumpy wrote:
If I were the company Pugot (as the male Indian team mis-pronounced Peugeot) - I would be pretty unhappy that:
1) the Indian team slaughtered the pronunciation of the name - although Pugot is very funny!
2) that out of 10 brand new cars 308 Turbo, one car broke down - which is a 10% defect rate on brand new cars.

It seems that the broken down Pugot might have been deliberately placed by the AXN producers to bring some drama to the first race - but nonetheless, it is very bad product placement advertising for Pugot.

I think I will always call them Pugot from now on. I like the sound of it.

Either way - Pugot will not be happy about it

Hahaha Laughing
That was just an accident n it can be happened anytime, anywhere. If that was a brand new car, then sure PUGOT pretty suit!
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 pm

"Pugot"? I think I heard one of them say "bogart" referring to the Peugeot car.
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Accidents happen without one wishing for it, and so does engine failures. Let's not take this as a sign of a product's weakness. What's good was that the mechanics quickly arrived and the girls were able to finish the tasks in time.
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
"Pugot"? I think I heard one of them say "bogart" referring to the Peugeot car.

that's what i heard too mai and i got confused. thanks to this thread which is very informative, now i know what PUGOT is. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?   Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for  the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor Advertising / Poor Impression for the car "Pugot" (aka Peugeot)?
Page 1 of 1