Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Response from Lani's Older Sister...

Go down 
+5
The_Siege
dexter02
chin-go
Norman's Blog
RaG@zZo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

Response from Lani's Older Sister... Empty
PostSubject: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:24 am

I got this from the AXN site and the forumer seems to be Lani's older sister...

Reply by Eileen John 1 day ago
Hmmmmmmm, it saddens me to hear such things said about Lani, but I guess everyone has their own opinion. So I wish to tell you that Lani Pillinger has lived in Manila the majority of the time for the last 9 years and now calls it her home. The reason she spends so much time there is because she is proud of her country, appreciates Philippine morals, family and proud to be who she is.....which is a Filipina. Do not judge someone too harshly just by a show. Your word 'Hustler' is a very harsh word and does not apply to Lanis personality at all. Lani is a very caring, considerate, hardworking young lady, who of course likes to have fun once in a while, just like everybody else. And believe me when I say she is hardworking. She likes to study and is very intelligent.
How do i know this? Because she is my younger sister. And Im happy that she was chosen to represent our beloved country.....Philippines. Does it really matter where you were born? Our mother is Filipina. Actually, although I live in Australia, I myself was born in Quezon City, Manila.... and Lani looks more Filipina / Asian in appearance than i do. So you see, it doesnt matter what country you were born. Home is where the heart is.........

Well to each his own... In my opinion she has a point and I don't agree that we should use foul words and hate the racers... after all it's AXN who chooses the teams... but I think what the Fans of the show want's to see in the future are Pinoys who were born & raised in the Philippines because this is the kind of people we really can relate to... just my 2 cents...

harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
Norman's Blog

Norman's Blog

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 am

Actually, among the 4 racers representing the Philippines in TARA 4, Lani is the one I am most endeared to. She is actually very charming and proud of being a Filipina.
Back to top Go down
http://www.normannorman.net
chin-go

chin-go

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:24 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
I got this from the AXN site and the forumer seems to be Lani's older sister...

Reply by Eileen John 1 day ago
Hmmmmmmm, it saddens me to hear such things said about Lani, but I guess everyone has their own opinion. So I wish to tell you that Lani Pillinger has lived in Manila the majority of the time for the last 9 years and now calls it her home. The reason she spends so much time there is because she is proud of her country, appreciates Philippine morals, family and proud to be who she is.....which is a Filipina. Do not judge someone too harshly just by a show. Your word 'Hustler' is a very harsh word and does not apply to Lanis personality at all. Lani is a very caring, considerate, hardworking young lady, who of course likes to have fun once in a while, just like everybody else. And believe me when I say she is hardworking. She likes to study and is very intelligent.
How do i know this? Because she is my younger sister. And Im happy that she was chosen to represent our beloved country.....Philippines. Does it really matter where you were born? Our mother is Filipina. Actually, although I live in Australia, I myself was born in Quezon City, Manila.... and Lani looks more Filipina / Asian in appearance than i do. So you see, it doesnt matter what country you were born. Home is where the heart is.........

Well to each his own... In my opinion she has a point and I don't agree that we should use foul words and hate the racers... after all it's AXN who chooses the teams... but I think what the Fans of the show want's to see in the future are Pinoys who were born & raised in the Philippines because this is the kind of people we really can relate to... just my 2 cents...

harharhar Razz

i agree Smile i think these girls rock!
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:17 pm

I don't have anything against Lani, I was just expecting someone more Filipino than her, if you know what i mean. Well, it's never appropriate to judge someone you don't know personally so I understand the sentiments of her sister. I would have done the same thing if my sister was attacked the same way.

Anyway, I wish Lani good luck and I will support her team and the other Filipino team. Go Pinas!
Back to top Go down
The_Siege

The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Well, Lani definitely looks like a Filipina. Although I haven't heard her speak Tagalog ever. But she has been in the Philippines for quite some time now.

Jess on the other hand looks like she already fell in love with the Philippines. She has been going to the P.I. frequently and is based in New Manila
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 pm

The_Siege wrote:
Well, Lani definitely looks like a Filipina. Although I haven't heard her speak Tagalog ever. But she has been in the Philippines for quite some time now.

Jess on the other hand looks like she already fell in love with the Philippines. She has been going to the P.I. frequently and is based in New Manila

Yeah I saw Lani too in person last week at the gym and she does look like a typical Pinay Mestisa to me... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 am

The_Siege wrote:

Well I do hope that she speaks Tagalog.....knowing that she has lived here for 9 years already.....Oh! Anyway, Geoff and Tisha never or rarely spoke Tagalog to us....so never mind na nga kung Inglisera sya! hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

Well I do hope that she speaks Tagalog.....knowing that she has lived here for 9 years already.....Oh! Anyway, Geoff and Tisha never or rarely spoke Tagalog to us....so never mind na nga kung Inglisera sya! hehe Very Happy

I actually asked that and according to her sister she does speak Filipino... maybe we'll see if we meet her in person... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:26 pm

TARA is not the Olympics... Razz

Country representation is not based on nationality... Smile
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:40 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

I actually asked that and according to her sister she does speak Filipino... maybe we'll see if we meet
her in person... harharhar Razz

when is this? reunion na!!!
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:

I actually asked that and according to her sister she does speak Filipino... maybe we'll see if we meet
her in person... harharhar Razz

when is this? reunion na!!!

nice! i'm jelly. hehe
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 pm

inan_kewl wrote:

Actually, even in the Olympics, athletes represent the country who has probably included them in their national teams. That's why we sometimes see Russian-named gymnasts carrying the US flag....
Back to top Go down
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:

Actually, even in the Olympics, athletes represent the country who has probably included them in their national teams. That's why we sometimes see Russian-named gymnasts carrying the US flag....

but you can't be in the national team, if you're not a citizen of that nation...

so that russian-named gymnast carrying that US flag, most likely relinquished his russian citizenship just so he can be an american and compete for the US... Smile

probably, all i'm saying is, TARA has clearly maintained that country representation is not based on nationality... THough you are absolutely correct and I 100% agree that it would be wonderful to see Juan representing the Philippines... Smile

Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 pm

There goes the big difference!

In the Olympics, country representation is based on citizenship. In TARA, it's based on residency.

Wink

Yes, I dream of one day seeing a Filipino national in the race...... Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:

In the Olympics, country representation is based on citizenship. In TARA, it's based on residency.

Wink

hehe. you sound so nationalistic mai. i love it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 pm

dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Wink

I am nationalistic and I am proud to be a Filipino. haha! lol!

In fact, I always act appropriately when I'm out of the country so that the foreigners I interact with will think that Filipinos are disciplined and nice to be with. Smile
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Wink

I am nationalistic and I am proud to be a Filipino. haha! lol!

In fact, I always act appropriately when I'm out of the country so that the foreigners I interact with will think that Filipinos are disciplined and nice to be with. Smile

you're not only nationalistic mai but you are a role model too. mai for president! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:33 pm

hahaha!

Chinnie is already the President.

Can I be the muse? lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
hahaha!

hehe. ok. i nominate mai. who wants to second the motion?
Back to top Go down
YobLatino

YobLatino

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:51 pm

TARA Casting Director, Cynthia Yeo may had evaluated that the real true blooded Pinoys are NOT just good enough
for castings.

That's why only FOREIGNERS are selected to represent the Phillipines.

Back to top Go down
RaG@zZo

RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
hahaha!

Response from Lani's Older Sister... Lol
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:06 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
hahaha!

Funny, right? I'm glad to make you smile!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dexter02

dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
hahaha!

Funny, right? I'm glad to make you smile!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I want to be the sergeant-at-arms because it sounds cool. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Mai-Siomai

Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:29 am

YobLatino wrote:
TARA Casting Director, Cynthia Yeo may had evaluated that the real true blooded Pinoys are NOT just good enough
for castings.

That's why only FOREIGNERS are selected to represent the Phillipines.

You think so, Yob? It's not just the passport but more of a "personality issue"?
Back to top Go down
maraaaahh

maraaaahh

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 am

I love Lani Pillnger <3
Back to top Go down
http://iliiilude.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Response from Lani's Older Sister...   Response from Lani's Older Sister... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Response from Lani's Older Sister...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TARA 4 TEAMS :: Jess and Lani-
Jump to: